Thread: what is the difference between diaprts for boy an diapers for girls

Default what is the difference between diaprts for boy an diapers for girls

just wanted to know if its ubsorbancy, comfort or what.

Blaze

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that the difference is in where the majority of the absorbency is, since boys and girls 'go' from different areas. For boys, it would be in the front, for girls, it would be in the hour-glass-ish part of the diaper, where the front connects to the back. Again, this is just my guess, not based on any research or the like.

Blaze is correct, and to be blunt its common sense more protection where women need it most and for men higher up where we need it most.

These days, diapers are made for both now. I no longer see baby diapers being made for boys only or for girls only. I don't know if they ever did that wit adult diapers. But they do with Depends underwear.

I can't imagine it being worth manufacturing two different types for children (needing two separate production lines etc). I guess for adults where the requirement is more demanding its probably worth the extra effort (plus number of children diapers sold >>> number of adult diapers sold)

Quote Originally Posted by icyfire View Post
    I can't imagine it being worth manufacturing two different types for children
    It's more about marketing than value. Some mothers will react to their baby girl leaking by "maybe we should see if some of those 'for girls' diapers work better?" and switching brands. Market competition between diaper manufacturers is fierce.