Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternatives to a pullup

Default Alternatives to a pullup

Currently I use a full diaper during the day (part medical need/part ab/dl) or I use nothing at all.
    I will be having doctors visits, but dont want to go wearing a full tape on diaper when I dont need it!
    I need a alternative that will hold one full wetting/flood, and still protect me for a #2 accident (not something that happens all the time).

The only pullup that I have found that works for me, is the abena abri-flex extra, but is to expensive for me.

Has anyone had any experience with pad systems? (out of need or for fun)
    I need something that I can still use the bathroom between episodes, but still absorbent enough to hold a full on wetting

Unfortunately, you're kind of out of luck. Adult pull-ups generally don't hold up very well (especially for what you describe). They are made as cheaply as possible and the padding is sorely lacking. Your predicament seems to have very few options, most of which point to using tape-on diapers. Alternatively, you could switch to cloth diapers.

I have had no experiences with pads, though I would highly doubt that one could trust a pad with a full wetting.

Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    Unfortunately, you're kind of out of luck. Adult pull-ups generally don't hold up very well (especially for what you describe). They are made as cheaply as possible and the padding is sorely lacking. Your predicament seems to have very few options, most of which point to using tape-on diapers. Alternatively, you could switch to cloth diapers.

I have had no experiences with pads, though I would highly doubt that one could trust a pad with a full wetting.
    Well, the abri-flex extra M3 does work really well, only a couple notches down from the x-plus brief. Problem is that they are just as expensive as the x-plus (M4) brief.
    They also make different absorbency of pads, all the way up to the x-plus absorbency (basically a brief without the sides, held in place with underwear instead of tapes)

My question was if anyone here has had any experience with these sort of pad systems, if they are secure, easy to us the bathroom, etc, or maybe what other options there are in heavy absorbency pullups

I have used pads before....the Poise Ultimate actually holds a surprise amount of liquid. What I usually do is wear a Goodnight (though you could use a depend pull up) and put one of the pads inside as a booster. The ultimates hold about 2-3 wettings for me and if it leaks you have the pull up to catch it. Its very convenient because you can still pull it down to use the toliet and rather than do a full change, I just take the pad out and put a new one in.

OrionFoxCub

I use these Tena Women Heavy Protection Underwear Super Plus | Walgreens They are made by tena and can hold 2 wettings. In case your wondering I use the womans undergarments because the mens has markings on them Has anyone else used these?

I would recommend the molicare super.plus pull ups. In medium they hold 1089 ml, which is a decent amount. Then for a pad, there is the moliform soft super plus, they come in a pack of 28 and they hold 1360ml

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    I would recommend the molicare super.plus pull ups. In medium they hold 1089 ml, which is a decent amount. Then for a pad, there is the moliform soft super plus, they come in a pack of 28 and they hold 1360ml
    I dont think there is a molicare super plus pullup. Heard of a molicare brand pull-up but its nothing close to the super plus brief

The only pads I've tried were the Tena Comfort range, I got some samples of varying absorbency. They were worse than pull-ups, even the Maxi one. The best pullups I've tried are the Tena Maxi ones, with Boots/Attends Night-time ones a close second. But if you're having #2 accidents I really think you need to stick with taped diapers.

I would agree with some of the above posters, the pull-ups are designed for light or stress incontinence, as a protective "just in case", or "occasional dribble", not a full on flood.

If you have to deal with an unexpected flood from time to time, you will either need to stick with the mid to high end tape-on's or go cloth. Cloth will be cheaper than disposable, if money is being a problem for you.

Sorry my bad its the molicare mobile super...sorry for that, but the absorbency is correct