View Poll Results: Violence in video games?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bring it on!

42 62.69%
  • I can handle it if it's not overboard.

12 17.91%
  • I don't like it one bit.

1 1.49%
  • I really don't care.

14 20.90%
  • Zombie violence rules!

18 26.87%
  • FPS violence rules!

25 37.31%
  • Third-person shooter violence rules!

24 35.82%
  • Strategic violence rules!

22 32.84%
  • Vehicular violence rules!

22 32.84%
  • GTA violence rules!

27 40.30%
  • I love big explosions!

29 43.28%
  • Whoever did this poll needs to grow the hell up!

11 16.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Violence in video games?

Default Violence in video games?

This poll is to intended to see how many people here enjoy violence in video games, and what kinds.

I just decided to do this poll on a whim, seeing as I am starting to lose my taste in violent video games. Go figure.

I have no problem with it. I find the whole "video game violence brings out the hate in children!" thing to be over-the-top and completely untrue, but I guess that's up the to person. Depending on the game, I prefer heavier violence than most. An example would be the God of War trilogy, as mediocre as it is. If there wasn't as much limbs being torn off and eyeballs gouged out, it wouldn't have the same feeling to it.

I voted with the I don't care option, as usually I don't really care about how violent or non-violent a game is. It all has its place mind, a super violent point and click adventure game won't really win me over much (as it doesn't fit, unless its horror). But in general it is more about how the game plays and story I care about, and the violence doesn't really weigh either way.

Though, at rare times, I do want something that is kind of a violent "run around shooting/blowing things up" type game, but that is pretty rare anymore.

I enjoy playing Role play dungeons and dragons type games. They have a certain level of violence, but it's just a game.

I'm not a major fps fan, tho as long as it doesn't get too carried away it is just fine.
    Mostly I like rpg type games.

What?! I'm the only one to say "I don't like it one bit"? It's not that my life is filled with marshmallows, clouds and skipping unicorns, but screen violence just freaks me out and reminds me of how horrible life can be... You all go ahead and knock yourself out... just close the door so I don't see anything naaaaaaaaaasty!

Driving games like Trackmania can be fun, though... :-)

*giggles* I thought this would be about whether violent video games effect us as a society, now I don't get to use the joke "If video games effect us now then surely they effected people in the 80s but as far as I know they didn't go round munching white pills in the dark whilst listening to pounding techno"

.... sorry pac-man and night club jokes not so funny without the effect of decent timing.

I don't really care either way. I'm not a mainstream gamer so to speak, just play whatever I feel like (Pokemon mostly) and violence has no appeal to me at all in a game, while at the same time if it's there I don't mind either way. I do enjoy games like GTA and Saint's Row, but for a variety of other reasons than just going around running down 50 million citizens and getting away with it.

I really like violence in video games. I like GTA a lot and a lot of the time I play it just to do violent things. I really like FPS/TPS games because I get to run around killing people/zombies/aliens/etc.

Bring on the violence! Which reminds me...I never finished Manhunt 2, maybe I'll give that another go...

Quote Originally Posted by DylanK View Post
    *giggles* I thought this would be about whether violent video games effect us as a society, now I don't get to use the joke "If video games effect us now then surely they effected people in the 80s but as far as I know they didn't go round munching white pills in the dark whilst listening to pounding techno"

.... sorry pac-man and night club jokes not so funny without the effect of decent timing.
    Ha Ha! That's amazing!

Pac-man jokes are funny at any time! Kinda explains a lot too...