Thread: Hello there...

Default Hello there...

Hello all! I'm inastateofmind, and well, I am kind of in a state of mind... A bit about me. I'm thirty one years old, in sales, and I like to do a host of things, including: making music, reading, gaming, and I dabble a bit in writing. To be honest, In real life I'm a pretty shy person, and actually, I'm still a bit paranoid about making this acct... but, I've got to meet a group of "like minded" folks so I don't go crazy thinking about all of this all by myself. See, as far back as I can remember, I've liked diapers. I have no clue as to what brought it on, but I can remember small snippets from a very early age, (some as early as 3yrs old) of my "fascination" with diapers. I remember at the age of four, finding some diapers that my mother kept around for younger cousins and putting them on. When those cousins would visit, I remember watching jealously as they got changed, wondering why I still couldn't be wearing them as well. As I got a bit older, I always wanted to play "house" with a neighbor, because she still wet the bed, and whoever was the "baby" got to put one of her night-time diapers on. Later in my teens, diapers weren't accessible, so I substituted with homemade "diapers." Later in my twenties, I almost entirely "lost the urge" as I had my mind on, well, all the things that the 18-25yr old crowd does. As I got a bit older and started living on my own, the urge came back in a big way. I finally took the plunge about a year ago and worked up the gumption to walk into the CVS and buy some big boy clothes. That night, I WAS IN HEAVEN! I had finally found that feeling again, and I grabbed hold tight. I began pouring over the internet, and low-and-behold! I"M NOT THE ONLIEST ONE! I'M NOT A FREAK! Since that night, I've ordered "better" products a few times on-line, and am getting a feel for certain products, what I like, what I don't...

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I really needed that off my chest... I hope to gain some insight from some people that have been a bit more "open" with themselves than I have been in the past, and I will try to help those that are learning their way around this facet of their personality as well. Anyway, every time I looked for specific info, this site seemed to pop up, so this is where I will take the plunge.

Thanks for reading, and hello again!

Hi inastateofmind and welcome! Glad you're here. As long as you use good discretion and common sense, you should be fine and have nothing to fear. I think sites like this help keep me sane and able to function normally, knowing there are others around like me.

What music do you play? If you can't tell, I'm a musician, too! I play piano, and love all kinds of music.

Welcome again! I look forward to chatting with you more and gaining knowledge and insight from your posts.

I am a guitarist, but I also trained for years on the Saxophone. Currently I'm in a band that plays covers, mostly classic rock, but I like all kinds of music. Not a huge fan of Country or Hip-Hop, but everything else is pretty much fair game. I see from your username you're into classical... I dig a lot of Classical, Wagner being one of my favorites. How 'bout you? What other kinds of music do you like?

Hi, and welcome. Your introduction reminded me very much of...ME. I remember that feeling of first learning I was not the only one! I was not a complete freak! Regarding favorite diapers, my personal favorite right now is Abena Dry 24/7. And speaking of music, if you play Sax you must have played some Jazz! My favorite. I would learn the Sax just so I could play Jazz.

Wow! Your intro was very much like my experience growing up. It is refreshing to know that you can read and explore a forum with similar stories! I also know how unsettling and exciting it can be both at the same time to vocalize your experiences with this stuff.

This forum has it all. Enjoy

think most of us have a similar story to yours. at least i know i do it is a nice feeling knowing you are not going out of your mind once you see that this is more common that you thought. welcome to ADISC & enjoy the freedom to be yourself here

Welcome to ADISC, inastateofmind. =)

You did a pretty good job with your introduction. Don't forget to read the Rules if you haven't already done so!

Also, you will find a lot of useful tips in these articles that will help you to make the most out of your time here.
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 18-May-2012 at 23:23. Reason: removed quote of post that was moved to a new thread.