Thread: Droped iphone in water and had tbdl stuff on it...

Default Droped iphone in water and had tbdl stuff on it...

ok so today I dropped my iphone I the toilet and i had alot of stuff in my history and pictures saved on my phone as well as this site opened when it feel in. My concern is that since my dad is up for an upgrade he is going to give me his old iphone if he does that and has my info put on that will the new phone have my memory and apps on there? I had a photo safe app to hide tbdl pics so I dont think they'll be on there. So basically will It have my history on it when its reactivated? Thanks to anyone who answers.

I'm confused about the entire question, but just judging on the fact that you dropped the phone in the toilet, it's unlikely much of (if any) the memory can be transferred to your dad's old phone. Most of what was on your iPhone is either gone now or not able to be recovered anymore, so I don't foresee any of the sort happening.

If you're concerned about the brand new phone recovering all of your apps and data... That /will not/ happen. I'm 99.99% sure that it won't. The data was stored on your phone and not the apple server, so it definitely won't.

There may be a way to resurrect it. If you haven't attempted to power it on, don't! Remove whatever can be removed and place it in a bowl of dry rice. Fully submerge it.

Honestly, if it were me, I wouldn't get them to pull anything off of my phone. It is just too risky. Your apps and data/browsing sessions shouldn't be transferred.

Just get the SIM card changed over. All the SIM has on it is your contact list.

Wouldn't my sim card be destroyed since the phone was fully submerged in water? I have it rice I doubt it will work though.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGuy View Post
    Wouldn't my sim card be destroyed since the phone was fully submerged in water? I have it rice I doubt it will work though.
    The most personal things your SIM card contain are contacts anyway, and even then, I'm not sure that is necessarily true for smartphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    The most personal things your SIM card contain are contacts anyway, and even then, I'm not sure that is necessarily true for smartphones.
    So what are you getting at exactly? I'm confused?

The point is if you're worried about them finding data you don't want them to find, just transfer the SIM card. Because it won't have anything more personal or incriminating than a contact list. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about transferring most of it. Android Marketplace keeps a record of the apps you get, and if you can save the contacts from the SIM card, then you should be fine. They won't find or mysteriously discover your browsing history, or your open session, or whatever.

If you've got the 3GS, 4, or 4s and have updated to at least iOS 5.0 or later, your history, apps, contacts, and pictures should all be on your computer in your iTunes.
    As for the SIM card, it should be fine, they are usually (at least in my experience) pretty resilient to water damage. If you need to take the phone apart, there are many YouTube videos that will show you how to take your phone apart.
    Hopefully I was of some help

Yes, a lot of help. Thanks to everyone who answered its much appreciated.