Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Music?

Default Music?

Just taking a quick poll on what different kinds of genres you all listen to. I'm pretty much always on my ipod. Lol. I'll listen to almost every genre, as long as the song is considered good for that genre. I'm a huge fan of Eminem and Lupe Fiasco. What about you guys?

I'm happy to listen to most things which has a nice upbeat, melody or just something I like without understanding the reason for it.
    My main stream is dance, drum and bass, trance etc.

But the one genre I can't stand is dub-step (with a small exception o Nero). I find it slow and boring. There isn't really a melody to it. I see it as someone just playing about with the LFO for the bass line. That my point of view of it anyway.

At this point in my life (due to the internet) my musical tastes can't even be classified anymore. I guess you could say my taste ranges from early music to contemporary. Sorry I can't be specific, everyday I listen to something different. In my honest opinion there's just too much good music to play favorites.

Metal. I'm extremely narrow minded when it comes to music admittedly to a fault, fortunately metal consists of many sub-genres that vary in sound enough to keep me from getting bored.

courier7

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Metal. I'm extremely narrow minded when it comes to music admittedly to a fault, fortunately metal consists of many sub-genres that vary in sound enough to keep me from getting bored.
    I am the exact same way. Heavy metal all the way. I really only listen to that genre with a few exceptions.

Every day, all day, on my iPod listening to music😁.

Any thing and every thing. Most of my collection is rock but that is because I listen to almost exclusivily vinyl (*puts on hipster glasses*) although I like dubstep (wub is the guitar of eletronic music) a little bit of rap and more. With the methods and ease of distribution we have today it's insane to limit ones musical taste. The only problem with the Internet as a method of distribution is the quality is compromised.

One thing that annoys me with people on iPods is they have turned their music into an accessory not something special.
    Last edited by huskvarna; 15-May-2012 at 05:50. Reason: More to add

wub wub wub. Dubstep 90% of the time and rap/hiphop the other 10%

Depends, my courses have me listening to quite a bit of classical or baroque era music with a bit of romantic era pieces interspersed in. Otherwise I tend to swap between various genres of metal, and on occasion some video game sound tracks.

Techno, dub, hip-hop, rock, reggae, soul, dubstep, disco, classical, and many more!

Almost anything so long as it's not a low quality MP3! The only music I buy is on CD.

I've kinda noticed that most of you are into rock. A majority of the people I live around listen to rap more than anything. Could it be because I live in a suburb of a big city? Where do you all live? (Not specifically, but like, in the country, city, etc.)