Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good disposables for side sleeping?

Red face Good disposables for side sleeping?

So i was wondering, are there any good and affordable diosable diapers that can be worn at night if u are a side sleeper? I'm using the tena slip maxi and i always sleep on my side, and it just leaks sometimes. Do can anyone give me some advice, would be appreciated, thanx guys

I sleep on my side most of the time, and I use Abena M4 with plastic pants. As stated above they do work very well. The only time I've had a leak is when I wet beyond the capacity of the diaper (not often) or when the diaper pokes out over the back of the plastic pants. Other than that I've not had any problems with leaks.

I have used store brand diapers with plastic pants, and while they do leak, the plastic pants usually contain the leaks pretty well, although the plastic pants do need to be rinsed/washed right after use with the cheaper diapers.

You specifically asked about disposables, but I'll throw this in anyway. I've heard that cloth is best for side sleepers. I've not had an opportunity to try them, but would like to at some point.

hola

I'm not only a side sleeper, but an absurd sleeper, I'll turn upside down, throw myself to the floor, wake up clinging onto backboards of my bed, and when I use to live with my girlfriend she said I would constantly slide off the bed slowly, pulling all the covers with me, and sink under the bed XP But normally I sleep on my sides when I actually fall asleep, and can't fall asleep unless I am I'm not usually a bedwetter, like ever, I have a bladder of steel But whenever I drink ( alcohol ), any, whatsoever, I wet the bed and it's annoying as carbonated milk bees. So I've literally HAD TO find a diaper that held up while sleeping on my side, and plastic pants weren't an option for me since they would be to bothersome to sleep in. And you know what I found? None worked, not one of the ones I tried, BUT... I did find a good technique, Brilliant! So I'm rather skinny, bout 24-26 waist-hips, so pampers cruisers fit well and are easy to get and cheap, so thats what I mostly use, and to prevent leaking from the sides at night I'll take two of them, in the first one cut a few tiny slits at the bottom, and put it on first, and actually put it on backwards, then put the other one the right way around above that, I haven't tested this with other diapers really but I would bet it would work really well ( Or maybe just ones with elastic on the tape things? ), it works so well infact, and holds so much that since figuring it out I couldn't leak even if I tried, not in any position, not even if I flood it, not if I was half upside down hanging off my bed like I do sometimes

Nothing works well for side sleepers, especially if you want affordable and avaliable. I recomend learning to sleep on your back. I have tried nearly every diaper out there, and everyone of them leaks at least some if not most of the time. Plastic pants might help a lot, but even they are not your best friend. Cloth diapers, plastic pants and a good mattress pad and learning to sleep on your back is your best bet.

hola

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1776 View Post
    Nothing works well for side sleepers, especially if you want affordable and avaliable. I recomend learning to sleep on your back. I have tried nearly every diaper out there, and everyone of them leaks at least some if not most of the time. Plastic pants might help a lot, but even they are not your best friend. Cloth diapers, plastic pants and a good mattress pad and learning to sleep on your back is your best bet.
    I honestly think, "learning to sleep on your back", is the same type of thing as saying to a right handed person "learn to only use your left hand", not comfortable or functional, and it is such habit and so engrained its not something you can "learn" so easy, if you don't believe me try "learning to sleep on your stomach" and tell me how it goes, what makes it even more difficult is once you fall asleep all conscious control is lost for the most part, cheers.

Rite-Aide brand for over night are actually wicked absorbent, and they have good leak guards, too. So I would suggest that. Though, there is no worse feeling imo than a sideways wet diaper. Good luck to you.

Thanx everyone...i guess i just have to keep on trying i do try to sleep on my back, but as hola mentioned when you're asleep all conscious thought is lost. Anyway thanx for all the help

the only thing i can recommend is cloth but since you stated disposable a pair of lined plastic pants could be the solution, if you are not able to get a pair of lined plastic pants a pair of regular ones with a few cloth baby diapers affixed to the inside of the pants has worked well for me in the past.