Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abena News: The new Comfort Line arrives...

Default Abena News: The new Comfort Line arrives...

As expected, the new Comfort Line has arrived, and it looks like my speculations were 95% accurate...

Abena has kept the new Comfort Line very much like the plastic version. Even the packaging and the product numbers are still the same.

Looks wise, the new Comfort Line is the same, which I think is good. Abena's simple designs look nice, and are conservative and functional at the same time.

They do have breathable wings now, which will cause problems for side sleepers. If Abena keeps the M4/L4 in plastic backing, that won't be too big of an issue, as there will be an alternative for proper night protection. Hopefully they do keep them plastic, but that is still a toss up...

The new Comfort Line does have "Second-Chance tapes", unlike the Delta Form. I don't know if they included rows of velcro like they did on the Deltas though...

They did remove the elastic rear waistband, which i believe is a tragic mistake. It make a big difference in fit even with the plastic backing, and would be even more beneficial with cloth wings.

Overall, I think the new Comfort Line will be better than many thought, but most will still be disappointed...

Unfortunately I don't have pictures, but hopefully we can get some shortly...

Stay tuned.

Well I have tried the new Comfort line, My first impression was... that they feel comfortable. They are soft and yes they are a bit cooler than the all plastic line. The backsheet is non-breathable covered in cloth.

The main problem that I have so far is that the wing is cloth so therefore it leaks right away. Sleeping on you side is a total disaster! Even sitting in the wrong position can cause a wet spot on your clothes. SO NOT GOOD!!

Another problem is that They Smell!!! AFter one wetting I could could smell urine like crazy. It smelled so bad that there is no way that someone couldn't tell I smelled. As a 24/7 wearer the Odor control is very impoertant as I do not want to go around smelling of pee all the time.

I am now trying my second diaper out of my first pack so we shall see how it goes. Right now my thought is that I am going to go to wearing the L4 all the time as they have much better performance.

They Tapes are ok. They do have a second chance tape which is good but i find it a bit weird that they have not used a velcro tape like the Deltas. I have used the new Deltas and they seem to work better than the New L3's. The Velcro/adhesive taper worked very well and there was no need for a second chance tape.

All in all I am not that happy about the switch. I thought that the old line was great and am not happy to see it go, but alas the company did not take my thoughts into consideration when they decide to switch to the new line.

Here are a few pictures to show you what the new L3 looks like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0007.jpg 
Views:	1254 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	8837Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0006.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	8836Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0008.jpg 
Views:	2961 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	8838Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0012.jpg 
Views:	1718 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	8839Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0013.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	187.0 KB 
ID:	8840Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0014.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	8841Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0015.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	8842Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0016.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	8843

Thank you for posting those pictures Binkygirl.

Can you please post the manufacturing date?

these look like the air plus breifs? it looked like in the picture like they were cloth backed?

Quote Originally Posted by pilot1604 View Post
    these look like the air plus breifs? it looked like in the picture like they were cloth backed?
    These look just like the old Air-Plus did.

They are, in fact, cloth backed, but non-breathable.

In which countries will be able to get hold of this diaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    In which countries will be able to get hold of this diaper?
    All that Abena currently supplies.

The Comfort Line is, in a way, Abena's more "economical" range of products. It is complimentary to the Air Plus line, which is more costly.

So, it is likely that all distributors of Abena products will carry it because of the cost factor.

Quote Originally Posted by AbenaLeaf View Post
    All that Abena currently supplies.

The Comfort Line is, in a way, Abena's more "economical" range of products. It is complimentary to the Air Plus line, which is more costly.

So, it is likely that all distributors of Abena products will carry it because of the cost factor.
    So it is going to be available here in Sweden to?

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    So it is going to be available here in Sweden to?
    If the current Comfort Line is available in Sweden, then yes.

Sorry I'm late to the party, does this mean they are phasing out the plastic x-plus diapers? God I love those, please say they will be here forever and ever, amen.