Thread: Dry 24/7 Bigger Tapes? (Need help to confirm)

Default Dry 24/7 Bigger Tapes? (Need help to confirm)

Does anyone have an older order of Dry 24/7 (mediums) from XpMedical circa 2 or 3 months ago? My latest order has been interesting. From pseudo front elastic bands in one bag (all gone now so I unfortunately can't provide pics..I didn't think anything of them until I opened the second bag) to my second bag having what I swear are wider / longer tapes.

It's been one of my very few complaints about their product. The great absorbancy leads to lots of weight which with shorter narrower tapes put all the adhesive force into a smaller area which resulted in a stretched plastic given longer duration of wearing, etc etc.

Attached is a picture. I placed a expo marker cap on one tab for size reference if anyone also has a dry 24/7 and an expo marker to compare. I swear they seem bigger now. A welcome change if so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-05-11 10.41.18.jpg 
Views:	5414 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	8828

I looked at my stash of Dry 24/7 Medium diapers, and it does look like the tapes are smaller than the ones in your picture.

Just to be sure, here are the dimensions I measured:
    tape 1" wide x 1.5" long
    Expo cap 11/16 diameter

On my computer screen,
    tape 1 13/16" x 2.0"
    Expo cap 1 1/16" diameter

adjusting for different cap dimensions gives a tape width of just under 1.2 inches wide.

Your observation seems to be correct that they have increased the tape width and length.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnypuppy View Post
    I looked at my stash of Dry 24/7 Medium diapers, and it does look like the tapes are smaller than the ones in your picture.

Just to be sure, here are the dimensions I measured:
    tape 1" wide x 1.5" long
    Expo cap 11/16 diameter

On my computer screen,
    tape 1 13/16" x 2.0"
    Expo cap 1 1/16" diameter

adjusting for different cap dimensions gives a tape width of just under 1.2 inches wide.

Your observation seems to be correct that they have increased the tape width and length.
    'Facepalm' I didn't even think about doing measurents. I'm not home right now but I'll add my measurements asap so we'll know for sure.

Edit:

Measurements:

Length (From anchor of the tab to the end of the blue nonadhesive "handle"): 1 and 10/16"
    Width: About 1 and 9/16"

So collectively the length is a little bigger but the difference in width is dramatically different. As a result it feels much more secure now too. I wonder if this was XPMedical's request or Dry 24/7 did some innovation on their own.
    Last edited by Alpha; 11-May-2012 at 20:01. Reason: Updated With Measurements

hey, you're right. i just dipped into a new case, and the tapes are bigger and stronger. what a welcome change -- that's been my only real complaint about dry 24/7 up till now.

there seem to be some other little changes, too. i think the plastic shell is made of a different material. it feels a bit flimsier but in actual practice it seems to hold up just as well as the old material. the fit might be a little different too -- a bit narrower in places.

Quote Originally Posted by avery View Post
    hey, you're right. i just dipped into a new case, and the tapes are bigger and stronger. what a welcome change -- that's been my only real complaint about dry 24/7 up till now.

there seem to be some other little changes, too. i think the plastic shell is made of a different material. it feels a bit flimsier but in actual practice it seems to hold up just as well as the old material. the fit might be a little different too -- a bit narrower in places.

I'm glad to hear someone else is seeing this too. I've been worried I just got a "bad" bag in my case. Good to know they're hear to stay!