Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lapfox

Default Lapfox

Do any of you guys listen to his music? I think he's amazing! One of the best things to come out of the furry fandom IMO.

For those that don't know, Lapfox Trax is the self-run label under which furry musician Renard releases his work. It's pretty big on bandcamp and there are a variety of electronic music genres this guy covers. It's a little bit staggering just how many things he does well.

LAPFOX TRAX
    LapFox Trax

Does he make all of this music or is he doing covers?
    Nevermind... they're mashups XD

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFox View Post
    Does he make all of this music or is he doing covers?
    Nevermind... they're mashups XD
    Actually it's kind of a mix. Renard and Hellhound/Truxton, for example, is all mashup work. The Queenstons tends to be original work, Casey Lalonde, another Bandcamper, does most of the vocals for that.
    My favourite 'artists' are Mayhem and Furries in a Blender.

OMIGAWSH i love lapfox. hands down the most awesome furry musician (for that genre)

Mashups are not original, which is no better than the dreaded Allan Greenwood's "music" he once had.

some of his stuff is mashups. but their are some awesome original songs if you go through all of the different labels.

I prefer: Emoticon, Furries in a Blender, The Queenstons, and Kitsune2

Renard- terminal

Oh my god. This song.
    Got my bud to play it at a small house party we were at once.
    It. Brought. The. House. Down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Glaice View Post
    Mashups are not original, which is no better than the dreaded Allan Greenwood's "music" he once had.
    Mashups aren't original in the style they are normally done, but DO NOT say mash-ups can't be original. In the same way found poetry can be wonderfully creative so can mashups, it just depends on the skill of the artist. If it is simply playing the vocals of one track over the instrumental of another, it isn't original. If you split multiple original works apart and recombine them so that lyrically they mean something completely different and musically they are almost unrecognisable, then it's creative. This album by Renard, a Lapfox 'artist' does exactly that.

But as others have said, his work is not all mashups. A great deal of it is 100% original, and I challenge chart music to be this creative.
    Last edited by Huddles; 15-May-2012 at 11:17.

But again, nothing is stopping him from producing non-mashup music if he already is under his bazillion different aliases.