Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Store Bought Diaper?

Default Best Store Bought Diaper?

tired using the search fuction before i started a new thread, no luck... was hoping for tips on the best store bought tape on diaper... were talking wallmart, cvs, wallgreens here... cant find any store in the area that carries Attends.... that would of been my preference... i wear over night, i normally wear M-4's... but my wallet's alittle thin right now so i can only spent $20 bucks..

i've used depends with tabs in the past, but with no leak guard... they leak when laying down... i read through the reviews for generic brands, but really cant decide....

what do you'all think?

As far as I know, there are really only two common choices for store-bought adult diapers in the US: The CVS/Walgreens diapers (they're the same thing), and Depend. Choosing between the two may come down to one simple thing: The CVS/Walgreens diapers are cloth-backed, Depend diapers (the tape-on briefs kind) are plastic-backed. I haven't tried either of them, but I also haven't heard anything here to suggest that one of them is wildly more absorbent than the other or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by pilot1604
    i've used depends with tabs in the past, but with no leak guard... they leak when laying down...
    I'm pretty sure the modern Depend briefs have leak guards. The CVS/Walgreens kind don't. Somebody who's recently used these will probably correct me...

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    As far as I know, there are really only two common choices for store-bought adult diapers in the US: The CVS/Walgreens diapers (they're the same thing), and Depend. Choosing between the two may come down to one simple thing: The CVS/Walgreens diapers are cloth-backed, Depend diapers (the tape-on briefs kind) are plastic-backed. I haven't tried either of them, but I also haven't heard anything here to suggest that one of them is wildly more absorbent than the other or anything like that.

I'm pretty sure the modern Depend briefs have leak guards. The CVS/Walgreens kind don't. Somebody who's recently used these will probably correct me...
    Depends Protection with Tabs definitely have leak guards. They may leak despite that since they're on the thin side but it's not the fault of the leak guards.

yeah its been a while since i got them. picked up a pack of the small, medium. now i'm a 34-35 inch waist... so they are alittle snug... they do indeed have leak guards... i have the week away from the other half, so i'm going to be diapered all the time i'm not at work.

they'll get the job done, just wont be able to wear them as long as my M4's. thanks for your help!

Really? Depends are plastic backed? Guess I will have to try those rather than my usual generics next trip to the pharmacy. And yes, pity about the lack of leak guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffenschmidt View Post
    Really? Depends are plastic backed? Guess I will have to try those rather than my usual generics next trip to the pharmacy. And yes, pity about the lack of leak guards.
    To clarify, Depends Protection with Tabs or Depends Fitted Maximum Protection both have a plastic outer shell and leak barriers. Their failing is their thinness/low capacity and that the tapes tend to tear the plastic when removing (it used to be tougher). I still think they're okay as an inexpensive diaper that one can find in a store.

I have to agree with these guys, The Depends have a better overall product than the Walgreens version. The Walgreens version isn't all the bad. I think they hold just a bit more than Depend and they feel to me slightly thicker and have a wider crotch. They however do not have leakguards, or waist band. But they hold quite well when properly taped and NOT FLOODED. Just don't expect any of these to hold much.

For Attends, you can go to their website and find local retailers around you. If you have medical supply store around you (not walgreens or CVS types) These stores usually carry other brands like medline, Kendall, Tranquility and Tena.

OrionFoxCub

Has anyone used the Tena Woman's underwear with super plus absorbency small/medium size? I found some at CVS and wondered how well those would hold up in regards to wetting . They are basically pullups . They were out of the Tena men's underwear and I wondered if there was a difference between the two . I cannot order online since I live at home and dad is controlling. I also found Affirm undergarments which are the the target brand of depends. It says maximum absorbency on the package but ive heard they suck and leak. I prefer pullup types because I can take them off easier and they are easier to stack and hide. Whats the best adult pullup in stores I can get?

if you're looking for a cheap, more commonly-available store diaper, see if you can find a place that sells assure. I've gotten some online and they're not a bad economical diaper. Fairly thick (but no sap), good tapes, soft crinkly plastic, soft padding, good elastic but no leak guards.

i havent tried the tena womans underware. i could see the benifit if the padding went farther up the back... i like to wear them at night and they tend to leak up the back due to the lack of padding.... i know you live with your dad, but if you join the web page they would email you coupons, in january got an 7 off, then in feb and $8 off coupon. i emailed tena telling them how much i liked the product and last month i got an envolope from "young americans" and it had a $14 off coupon.. when wallgreens has them onsale they are usually $10 that's free diapers!

i emailed kimberly clark about the new depends real fit, they sent me 2 $2 off coupons....

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

so i thought i'd try something different last night. i cut slits down the plastic backing of 2 depends, in the center, so one diaper would drain into the center of the other. put on the two, then a third one over top of the slitted ones. the problem with wearing one to sleep is that when you wet it will guarentee to leek at the very back. this worked out amazing, woke up in the morning with the center two soaked, third one just alittle wet, but no leaks. must of wet it about a half dozen times duing the night. sure beats getting up to change one every couple hours!