Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video game ideas?

Default Video game ideas?

Bleh, I need an idea for a game... I know I sound like a mooch, I just can't seem to get past this mental block.

Thoughts?

Supersam1223

Do you have a particular genre or platform in mind? I don't have any ideas, but if you have those basic things sorted out then it should be easier for you and others to come up with ideas.

Locke

Cracked.com just recently had an epic list of video game ideas you could check out. At the end they literally begged the readers to steal the ideas. (Later I can find you a link.)

Mars has just been terraformed so that the air is breathable, there is some water and vegetation, but not very much and there are some cities and people living on the planet. Earth mysteriously explodes and some of the chunks hit Mars and create total chaos.

GO!

This is one that's been going around in my head for a while.

Humans have finally rendered the earth unable to sustain life so they seek out another planet to live on, but there is a catch the only suitable planet is already inhabited. You play as a member of an elite military squad sent across the galaxy to claim the planet for mankind. After arriving you and your squad are ordered to eliminate the aliens who fight back.

That is a developed as my idea is but I think it would be cool if your character turns against the humans and fights for the aliens.

Please tell me what you think.

WillosauriestSporer

Make a game like Spore. But make it not suck as much donkey ass as the original.

How about a HD remake of the Atari E.T. game?

Or an HD remake of Superman 64?

So many classic games you can remake in HD, and you can be the person who has the big balls to make that happen. Spread the love around!

Or we could do a licenced game based on any of the Merchant-Ivory productions. I don't know how that'll work, but figuring that out is part of the fun, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by WillosauriestSporer View Post
    Make a game like Spore. But make it not suck as much donkey ass as the original.
    Ok, this made me laugh.

"Uh, yeah could you just make a game about the vast concept of evolution? Like, the entire thing? And try not to make it suck as much as the game backed by the multi-billion dollar corporation. kthxbai"

I appreciate the input, but the scale is... a little out of my reach.

As for platform/genre, Supersam, probably PC or maybe Xbox. depends on the idea I suppose. Not specific on genre, though I recently had an idea for a puzzle game, involving the speed of the player. Or, to elaborate, the player would need to attain a speed to launch to a certain area, break an obstacle, ect.

What are you using to make this game? Is it just you or do you have teammates? Can you produce 3D art? 2D art? Sound effects? Music? Do you know any programming languages, or are you interested in learning any? I'm not asking this to discourage you, but most ideas would be useless unless we know what your strengths and limitations are.

WillosauriestSporer

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleDinosaur View Post
    Ok, this made me laugh.

"Uh, yeah could you just make a game about the vast concept of evolution? Like, the entire thing? And try not to make it suck as much as the game backed by the multi-billion dollar corporation. kthxbai"

I appreciate the input, but the scale is... a little out of my reach.

As for platform/genre, Supersam, probably PC or maybe Xbox. depends on the idea I suppose. Not specific on genre, though I recently had an idea for a puzzle game, involving the speed of the player. Or, to elaborate, the player would need to attain a speed to launch to a certain area, break an obstacle, ect.
    It may have been made by a billion-dollar corporation, but the end product looked like it was funded by a 20 someone found in their pocket (Still my favorite game lol).
    P.S. My OP was a joke.