Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about telling my mum - PLEASE READ before assumptions

jj2jjj

Default Thinking about telling my mum - PLEASE READ before assumptions

So I know there are LOADS of similar threads on here where people tend to think that somehow telling a parent will get them unlimited access to diapers. Most of the time it won't! So I don't even know how people get to that assumption.

Anyway, here's a little bit of back-story on my;

I've been a DL since I was very very very young. I remember having such feelings at even the age of 4. A few years later, thanks to my mother telling me what sex was all about and how I was going to change I managed to understand what this whole DL thing was. Anyway, at around age 9 (or 8? I can't remember) I actually ended up telling my mum.

At the time I was kind of like many of the naive people here who think it'll mean they can buy diapers and be free. But after telling her, it went no further. She said she 'had heard of it' and that as long as I understand it isn't the norm and I keep it to myself I'd be fine. That was about the end of it.

It was mentioned a few times later - like when we were shopping and she asked me 'so what do you see when you see an attractive girl? Do you see her in a nappy? (We're british)' and stuff like that. It never went further and as time went by if it was brought up I brushed it off as 'Oh it's slowly going away'. Many years later nothing has been said about it.

Anyway, present day. Before I bought my first diapers it was very much a sexual thing. It still is, but much less than it was. Since wearing diapers it has transformed from a sexual thing to a comfort thing. It is my stress relief. My friends go out smoking weed and getting drunk to take the edge off. But me? I just put on a good old diaper

To get diapers I most of the time have to wait until my parents go on a business trip or leave for a day. This is getting less and less practical as time goes by though. I'm having to go periods of time without my 'stress relief' (In which I can get very stressed without anything to take the edge off) and it can be a little sad. I'm in no way addicted but they help me

I have to worry about my stash being found (My mum has an act of coming in my room thinking she left something and searching everywhere for it), my parcels being intercepted and also just being caught. (Unlikely as I have a lock on my door but sometimes I am asked to do things whilst I'm diapered..)

Anyway, I was thinking of sending my mum an email to remind her of that chat many years ago and slowly ease her in to understanding it and why I'm telling her.

I always thought this would be a bad idea. I really don't want to open up to my mother about my sexual fetishes and kinks. But I think that since it is much more a comfort thing now it'd soften any blow or shock she may receive. This is why I have been thinking about telling her.

Anyway, like many of the other posters I really want to do this. From experience on this subject with her I think she would be fine with this - unlike many other parents. But as I say I really want to do this. When I post this what I'm really looking for is support and validation on the matter. Although I know if my mind keeps on the subject for much longer it WILL come out. So I'd love some help.

Thanks guys - I really appreciate this community!

Your mom said to keep it to yourself. What makes you think letting her know now is a good idea?

jj2jjj

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    Your mom said to keep it to yourself. What makes you think letting her know now is a good idea?
    Sorry for the confusion - It was referring to keeping it to myself in terms of not parading round in public with it. I wasn't doing word for word quote I was just referring to the basis of her words.

I want to tell her so I can continue to do it in private without the stress of being caught (Which I WILL be eventually)
    The thing is, I KNOW she'll be understanding. It's a long story but I know.

If you feel you have to tell then for what ever reason (not just the potential to gain more nappies) then I'd say tell her. I know other will say never tell, but it sounds, I know its hard to tell, like she would be the type to go in over thinking it and be like omg my son is a freak. I think that you should be able to judge her reaction best. If she knows that your previous feelings have shifted, (no neccessary to say they still exsist) for a more comfort thing then she might be more willing to accept it. Though you need to think about why you are telling her, this is key. If you decide that you need to tell and think that she wont react in a terribly negative way then you could tell her. My mum knows and she is ok with it, more particularly comfortable but ok. she says there are much worse things out there and that this hurts no one. Good luck with what you decide

jj2jjj

Quote Originally Posted by BritishBoy View Post
    If you feel you have to tell then for what ever reason (not just the potential to gain more nappies) then I'd say tell her. I know other will say never tell, but it sounds, I know its hard to tell, like she would be the type to go in over thinking it and be like omg my son is a freak. I think that you should be able to judge her reaction best. If she knows that your previous feelings have shifted, (no neccessary to say they still exsist) for a more comfort thing then she might be more willing to accept it. Though you need to think about why you are telling her, this is key. If you decide that you need to tell and think that she wont react in a terribly negative way then you could tell her. My mum knows and she is ok with it, more particularly comfortable but ok. she says there are much worse things out there and that this hurts no one. Good luck with what you decide
    Thank you for your help, I have been thinking about this for quite a long time now. My reasons are; I know that it will be found out. It WILL happen. I'd rather tell her and come clean instead of have her find herself and then be completely confused. Telling her now also gives me the added benefit of being able to NOT worry about my stash behind found and parcels opened by accident. It won't give me the benefit of more diapers - I have no need for more, what I get is sufficient. It can just take time in between each purchase.

" know its hard to tell, like she would be the type to go in over thinking it and be like omg my son is a freak." I'm not sure what made you think this. I don't personally see it. She was accepting last time I ended up telling (Although I think she things that was a stage now as it has not been mentioned)

Would be good to know what made you think she would think that so I can better my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by jj2jjj View Post
    " know its hard to tell, like she would be the type to go in over thinking it and be like omg my son is a freak." I'm not sure what made you think this. I don't personally see it. She was accepting last time I ended up telling (Although I think she things that was a stage now as it has not been mentioned)

Would be good to know what made you think she would think that so I can better my understanding.
    I mean in the worst case senario she could go what have i made my son to be? as I know that parents are not keen on this (even the most supposrtive). As my mum blames herself for me being a TB/DL. I'm not saying she would do that but I've heared of many that do unfortuneatly. If you are clear and consice in what you tell/email her then she will be more willing to understand and she will see that this isn't some decision that you've just made and you know that these feelings are not going away. Is that more clear?

jj2jjj

Quote Originally Posted by BritishBoy View Post
    I mean in the worst case senario she could go what have i made my son to be? as I know that parents are not keen on this (even the most supposrtive). As my mum blames herself for me being a TB/DL. I'm not saying she would do that but I've heared of many that do unfortuneatly. If you are clear and consice in what you tell/email her then she will be more willing to understand and she will see that this isn't some decision that you've just made and you know that these feelings are not going away. Is that more clear?
    Ah okay - makes sense. I thought something specific she had said had triggered that thought.
    I've written out what email I plan to send to her if I go ahead with it and am going to post it here tomorrow for feedback

Supersam1223

Well, if you've talked to her previously and she has accepted it, while this was a sexual thing, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't tell her. I can't see you getting a bad reaction.

Just think carefully about what you're going to say and if you want to show her any articles like WKLD, Understanding Infantilism, or the one on this site.

jj2jjj

Quote Originally Posted by Supersam1223 View Post
    Well, if you've talked to her previously and she has accepted it, while this was a sexual thing, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't tell her. I can't see you getting a bad reaction.

Just think carefully about what you're going to say and if you want to show her any articles like WKLD, Understanding Infantilism, or the one on this site.
    Implemented a lot of such articles to my email, but would love feedback from you when I post the email in its current state tomorrow Thanks

Unfortunately I'm rather a latecomer to this thread, so I'll have to wait for your report back on how it goes.
    I wrote one of those articles here about telling parents, and members will know I usually take a discouraging stance on the issue. However it seems as if you've given it a lot of thought, and thought about the right things as well (why do I need to, how will I do it, how will she take it etc.) If what you've said is true, I think you should have quite a good chance of her accepting it, at least within the realms of what you intend to achieve by it.

I wish you well.