Thread: Mishearing 'Diapers/Nappies' in a phrase.

Default Mishearing 'Diapers/Nappies' in a phrase.

Have you ever misheard diapers/diaper or nappies/nappy in a phrase by someone? Anyone at all?

For example, yesterday at work, I have saying bye to one of my colleagues at work- and I was putting out loafs of bread (I work in a supermarket). She picked up a loaf of a bread said:

"This should keep me him happy"- referring to her boyfriend.

However, I misheard this as "This could be in his nappy" ..

Naturally, I asked her to repeat what she just said just to clarify that she really DID say what she said.

Anyone got any other examples as such?

I've had plenty of similar instances but I just tend to forget about them so I can't really give any specific examples :P

In the healthcare environment when someone has a condition that could be transmitted via airborne particles (flu or something) some places require the patient and/or caregiver to wear a surgical mask (to help prevent the spread of an airborne virus). An acronym for one of these types of masks is known as a PAPR (Personal Air Protective Respirator). I was once asked, "Are you trained in how to use a PAPR?" What I heard was "Are you trained how to use a PAMPER?" I recovered with a "Am I trained use a what ?"