Thread: staying moisturized?

Default staying moisturized?

Hello folks. I could use some help. I just recently tried my hand at wearing 24/7, and after a week have realized I'm having problems avoiding very dry and uncomfortable skin "down there." (male). I imagine a moisturizing cream of some sort would help a lot, and I keep hairs trimmed to encourage cleanliness. Any other helpfu advice people can give would be appreciated.

Baby lotion!

Or any other moisturiser!

Don't sit in a diaper too long without changing, give yourself some airing out time after a shower, shower every day minimum!

Ah yes that can be a problem for us guys sometimes. Are you sure it's totally dry skin? Sometimes one can have too much sweat in that area that can actually cause irritation and rashes from chaffing. Even if you don't seem too hot down there, it can.

Shower daily

Use a moisturizing soap . If you use any old regular soap, your skin will dry out. Use a soap like Dove for Men.

Use some type of Powder

Baby powder has ingredients to help prevent irritation, as well as soothe the skin. Since your having problems there, my suggestion is to ALWAYS use powder before diapering up. You can also use Gold Bond body powder. DO NOT use the foot powder. Gold bond makes a stick now for that reason.

I just noticed once more, I can't read moisturize without having Cassandra scream in my head.

I find the best way to stay moisturized is to shower frequently, apply lotion while still damp, and then allow to air dry before diapering up again. Are you sure it's dry skin and not the beginning of diaper rash, though? Because that's something you should handle a little differently.

I'm confident it's not Rash. Just itch, no burn, and absolutely no redness or visible irritation apart from just some skin being rougher than it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffenschmidt View Post
    I'm confident it's not Rash. Just itch, no burn, and absolutely no redness or visible irritation apart from just some skin being rougher than it used to be.
    Itchy and rougher? That's still chaffing dude. It probably will get red and burn later if it keeps up. Definitely use a moisturizer soap in the shower, always use some type of powder (Gold Bond or Baby powder) that will hep the itching, and if you need a little more Gold Bond moisturizing lotion is your best friend.