• PC

90 81.08%
  • Mac

21 18.92%
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: PC or Mac

BLMProductions

Default PC or Mac

Sorry about all the opinion questions, im just curious about what other people are into :p so PC or Mac and why. I like PC but i have both a PC and a Mac. I got the Mac for free and i still like it

Being able to build my own PC and customize everything just the way I like it, while managing to only spend $800 on a top-notch PC as opposed to letting Apple hold my hand and baby me with everything computer related while forcing me to spend way too much money on something I could build with $800? PC.

Money is no object to me when it comes to technology. That being said, I'm not stupid with my money. I buy Apple computers because of their build quality, design, easy to use software, lack of viruses, spyware, and malware. They have the best tech support in the world, and I just heavily favour a UNIX based OS.

I consider my MacBook Pro a low loss investment because of its high resale value and a testament to industrial design and flawless engineering. A real piece of art in my books.

I believe in the power of choice, and if my needs weren't met I would look elsewhere. I don't mind dropping good cash on quality products, and Apple to me epitomises quality.

Puts on hipster glasses

Neither. Linux based operating systems are my first of choice concerning software. Chakra, Arch, Kubuntu, and Puppy Linux I use often.
    As far as hardware is concerned, Asus, Dell, or IBM. They're built like tanks and keep on chuggin'. Their designs make them easy to clean, fix, and tinker with.

My Family has a Mac, I have a PC

I much prefer the PC, I;m used to it. On the mac I haven't bothered to get familiar with it as much, Mac isn't good for gaming, the viruses and such doesn't bother me on a PC because I can remove them easily.

Quote Originally Posted by pldc View Post
    lack of viruses, spyware, and malware.
    Viruses are extremely easy to avoid on a PC and shouldn't even be a problem if you know what you're doing, even just a little. That's not really a valid reason.

Quote Originally Posted by pldc View Post
    They have the best tech support in the world
    That's a matter of opinion. I generally do not use tech support, as I see there's no reason to when a simple googeling of a problem is much easier and faster, regardless of where the tech support is coming from.

Also, you wouldn't be "dropping cash on quality products," considering you can easily build something better than what Apple offers with less money. You'd be buying typical, normal quality products for more money than you need to.

Not trying to start anything, but none of these are really valid.

I really hate threads like this. The people in them never make sense. So you like Mac or PC (though since Windows 8 will come without support for DVD/Blu-Ray drives, that may change), big deal. Stop arguing about why you like the system. State that you like it, if anything, then leave. These PC/Mac fanboi arguments are tiring, and frankly, just annoying. Well, the tiring part may be that I went to bed at 8:30am today...

For the record, I put my trust in Apple.

Yeah I am interested to know who started this rumor that PC get viruses constantly? I don't even have any antivirus software beside the default that comes with a PC and I have never suffered any infections. Beside the only reason Macs don't get viruses is not because of their software, it's because little to no viruses were made to target Macs (but thats all about to change now that hackers have larger Mac pool to get at)
    I enjoy my PC because if anything goes wrong, if I want to upgrade, or customize it myself I don't have to worry about voiding the warranty or have to give it to "certified" (if you can even call them that) people. And PCs are cheap, you get like twice the computing power for a fourth the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat View Post
    Viruses are extremely easy to avoid on a PC and shouldn't even be a problem if you know what you're doing, even just a little. That's not really a valid reason.
    I shouldn't have to do maintenance on my own computer, when I buy I car should it be required that I should know how to rebuild my engine?

That's a matter of opinion. I generally do not use tech support, as I see there's no reason to when a simple googeling of a problem is much easier and faster, regardless of where the tech support is coming from.
    http://m.cnet.com/news/10467112

Neither do I, but if you're the majority of computer users, you have called tech support before. Although it's from 2010, to the best of my knowledge this is the most recent, thorough and authoritative review of tech support for PC manufacturers. I thought you said you knew how to use Google?

Also, you wouldn't be "dropping cash on quality products," considering you can easily build something better than what Apple offers with less money. You'd be buying typical, normal quality products for more money than you need to.
    I'm going to compare this to a car again, should I know how to assemble my chassis to get a quality car for a low price? Know spot welding? Up until recently my main computer was a Mac lappy made in 2003. Only had to replace the battery. I can't see any better quality than that.

Not trying to start anything, but none of these are really valid.
    I don't have to justify shit to you. Keeping buying your PCs, I never dissed your choice, I just simply provided my reasons and just followed up with proof, examples and my own experience.

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Yeah I am interested to know who started this rumor that PC get viruses constantly? I don't even have any antivirus software beside the default that comes with a PC and I have never suffered any infections. Beside the only reason Macs don't get viruses is not because of their software, it's because little to no viruses were made to target Macs (but thats all about to change now that hackers have larger Mac pool to get at)
    I enjoy my PC because if anything goes wrong, if I want to upgrade, or customize it myself I don't have to worry about voiding the warranty or have to give it to "certified" (if you can even call them that) people. And PCs are cheap, you get like twice the computing power for a fourth the cost.
    If you are referring to my post, I never said that PCs get more viruses than Macs. Of course there are more available for PCs to target a wider audience. I would rather just not take the chance and have to worry about malicious software.

As far as doing your own repairs, Apple does allow certain parts to be upgraded and replaced without voiding your warranty, just like PC manufacturers.
    Last edited by Near; 12-May-2012 at 04:35.

Here we go again...Apple vs. Microsoft

Im allways go with a PC because of the muli task features I use on it compared to Mac which you make art really easy on and plus,most mac's cant upgrade the RAM,processor hard drive...and my friend and me cant even figure out on how to turn on and use a Mac in the first place...

So I say Personal Computer[PC]

Im not putting anyone down but I like to keep things personal.