Thread: Off on an Adevnture next week

Default Off on an Adevnture next week

I was recently awarded a research grant and I will be heading back to China next week. I will be traveling to many major cities, such as Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and many others. I will be there for two weeks, but what will be different this time from the last is that I will be going alone without translators. I will be meeting with friends in all the cities, but I am left up to my own Chinese speaking abilities when on the trains. It am very excited to be doing this! My research proposal has gotten a lot of attention from business publications and the university as a whole. The project focuses on analyzing consumer spending trends in multiple cities across multiple cultures of China. I am pumped to be doing this research, since I have been approached by publications to have it published, but I am also pumped for the adventure and challenge that it will bring to me. This will test my navigational skills,Chinese speaking ability, and my ability to carry out a large project with university money backing it. All in all, I can't wait to get going

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    I was recently awarded a research grant and I will be heading back to China next week. I will be traveling to many major cities, such as Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and many others. I will be there for two weeks, but what will be different this time from the last is that I will be going alone without translators. I will be meeting with friends in all the cities, but I am left up to my own Chinese speaking abilities when on the trains. It am very excited to be doing this! My research proposal has gotten a lot of attention from business publications and the university as a whole. The project focuses on analyzing consumer spending trends in multiple cities across multiple cultures of China. I am pumped to be doing this research, since I have been approached by publications to have it published, but I am also pumped for the adventure and challenge that it will bring to me. This will test my navigational skills,Chinese speaking ability, and my ability to carry out a large project with university money backing it. All in all, I can't wait to get going
    Well, you and I go back a few years, the beginning of ADISC. I have so enjoyed watching you grow, and now here you are with this fantastic accomplishment. You used to tell us you were smart, and damn if you aren't. Congratulations. I'm really proud of you. I suspect that the world is going to be your oyster.

Well dogboy said something smart, inspirational, and kind. By order of the internet I have to say something stupid so:

While you're there don't eat the Urine Eggs
    Urine-soaked eggs a spring taste treat in China city | Reuters