Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I buy Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP)?

Default Where can I buy Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP)?

I am looking to purchase some SAP, but I don't know where to start. I live in the U.K and I am unaware if any retail-style shops would sell it. Has anyone ever gotten hold of it online?

Or is there a suitable alternative to SAP available?

Many thanks!

IDKMAN

Try useing cloth, old towels work fine in my experience

Supersam1223

Couldn't you just buy some baby diapers and take it out of there?

B&Q and garden centres, and the like, all sell the SAP, in the guise of plant watering gel/granules/crystals.
    it's also sold at mobility and nursing supplies shops (generally, those retail outlets that sell dispies), who sell it for use in those cardboard urinals; but it's cheaper at the garden centres. cheaper still, if you buy out of gardening season

why would you need just that? and be carfeful you might not always get stuff that safe on the internet

additionally: COLA Fragrance Smelli Gelli Baff - Brown Scented Jelly Bath Fun
    we don't have a bath

Quote Originally Posted by bill1971
    why would you need just that?
    for improving or experimenting with beloved-but-underperforming dispies, for playing in the bath or for an assassination

pamperchu

Quote Originally Posted by bill1971 View Post
    why would you need just that? and be carfeful you might not always get stuff that safe on the internet

You can add it to the inside of the diaper padding to make it hold more. I bought a bucket of the stuff on ebay a few years ago and would add a lot to the inside of a bambino and make it swell up like a pampers.
    Its very safe to handle and play with, I have even swallowed some but that is not recommended.
    They even make fake snow out of the stuff Ive seen sold at some malls.
    Last edited by pamperchu; 03-May-2012 at 23:53. Reason: wrong quote

Quote Originally Posted by pamperchu View Post
    You can add it to the inside of the diaper padding to make it hold more. I bought a bucket of the stuff on ebay a few years ago and would add a lot to the inside of a bambino and make it swell up like a pampers.
    There are a few others selling the stuff on ebay also. Here's a good quantity deal: 5 LB Sodium Polyacrylate Diaper Polymer Absorbs 500X Wt | eBay

How did you keep the stuff inside the diaper? It's like sand isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    There are a few others selling the stuff on ebay also. Here's a good quantity deal: 5 LB Sodium Polyacrylate Diaper Polymer Absorbs 500X Wt | eBay

How did you keep the stuff inside the diaper? It's like sand isn't it?
    I have stuffed diaper's in the past using a mixture of the insides of baby diaper's (Pampers) and small amounts of shredded cotton wool. I would make an incision at the back of the diaper, and shove the mixture into the adult diaper, and then spread it out evenly. I would then use a hot glue gun, and patch up the back incision so non of the stuffing can fall out.

Results have been variable, but the absorbency was pretty good. But adding my stuffing into the adult diaper makes it uneven and a bit too bulky. I wanted the S.A.P to increase the absorption while not making the diaper unevenly bulky.

It is also worth mentioning that the dust and mess from extracting the stuffing from Pampers gets EVERYWHERE! Covers everything in diaper dust.