Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone find it ironic that

Default Does anyone find it ironic that

so many parents find it sad that their kids grow up so fast and wish they could all be little again but yet when they find out they have been wearing diapers or they tell them they want to wear them, they freak out and think their child is sick or rushes them to a therapist?

it is,but to be fair....AB/DLs have a stigma and typically anyone trying to play with kids or use kid objects or whatever can be seen as some sort of pedophilia.People aren't really educated about fetishes that aren't mainstream so they think the worse...

plus,parents might blame themselves for doing something wrong or maybe fearful that their child might become a criminal?

idk,I think that's a reason why it scares parents! Most parents only want what's best.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    so many parents find it sad that their kids grow up so fast and wish they could all be little again but yet when they find out they have been wearing diapers or they tell them they want to wear them, they freak out and think their child is sick or rushes them to a therapist?
    Hahahahaha!

I'd never thought of that but, yes. It should officially be given as an example of situational irony in all dictionaries!

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Hahahahaha!

I'd never thought of that but, yes. It should officially be given as an example of situational irony in all dictionaries!

So I used the word right? I was also thinking of hypocrite since it's also another word for that.

how about the parent suddenly realizes that they may have some responsibility in their child's continued need for diapers. in other words they did something wrong and they are confronted with the proof of it in the form of an older child or adult child in nappies......

but you the person in nappies only knows your need, and not your parents guilt....... a guilt that can very easily turn to anger and denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninikins View Post
    it is,but to be fair....AB/DLs have a stigma and typically anyone trying to play with kids or use kid objects or whatever can be seen as some sort of pedophilia.People aren't really educated about fetishes that aren't mainstream so they think the worse...

plus,parents might blame themselves for doing something wrong or maybe fearful that their child might become a criminal?

idk,I think that's a reason why it scares parents! Most parents only want what's best.
    My mom has told me it scares her to think she did something wrong and she did her best raising me. My dad thinks it was their fault because they let me wear diapers when I was little.

I never saw anything wrong with parents babying their kids because they want it. But it does make sense that the outside world would see it as sexual than something innocent and done out of love for the child. Is that what the parents are afraid of?

They could also put it this way that if they think they screwed up as a parent, they can make it right again by babying their kid or letting them do it and it be like starting over with them and not do their same mistakes again they did in the past.

While my mum didn't flip out or send me to a therapist (she suggested it if I want to only though), she didn't take well to it and she still blames herself, though I've tried to show her website disproving this. So I think the self blaming does apply.

TheDirtyBandit

It is quite ironic. But it's normal for little kids to wear diapers, us, to the average public we're "freaks."

I think many of the responses have it dead on. As a parent of two fantastic girls who have moved off into their own lives I can truly say I enjoyed every phase they went through. But you hope that they survive each phase more or less intact and, frankly, eventually fly off on their own.

It's really hard to not take children who have trouble leaving a phase as a reflection on bad parenting of some sort on your part. There may well be other things involved, but I cannot deny that there were many instances of flat out bad parenting on my part. They don't seem to remember them, though, or if they do it is with bemusement.

Having said that, my infatuation with diapers started at least as early as 4 yr old. I can date it to when the younger brother of a friend was in diapers. Never did score then---took me many years before I realized that I could. So do I "blame" my parents? They did a _lot_ of bad parenting, but somehow I don't begrudge the diaper thing even if it was somehow their fault (and I don't believe in any such simplistic explanation). I don't know if it's a gift or a burden. Diapers have done a lot to help me get through long term really stressful situations, so maybe they're useful. But there is the hiding and intervals of being unable to use that makes it feel like an unreasonable burden.

Anyway, drifted a bit off topic there. Most parents find it sad that their kids grow up too quickly but would find it a lot more troubling if they didn't. I hope all of you have parents that can support the parts that you carry with you into adulthood. I think I might have been able to do that. My wife, probably not so much. You cannot possibly believe how uncertain and scary raising kids is. (But you got to enjoy it or everyone suffers.) So I also hope that all of you have the opportunity, if you're so inclined, to be good parents yourself. Remember, all you have to do is do a better job than your own parents---the bar is pretty low.