Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new Delta-Form.. Improved? You decide...

Default The new Delta-Form.. Improved? You decide...

So, we all knew this day was coming, and it starts with the Delta-Form.

The first in Abena's line up to make the transition to cloth is the Delta-Form. It's here and ready for the masses.

So let's see just what the differences are, shall we?

First the backing...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0034.jpg 
Views:	2990 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	8681

Name:	IMG_0036.jpg 
Views:	1539 
Size:	217.7 KB 
ID:	8684

Name:	IMG_0031.jpg 
Views:	2445 
Size:	216.2 KB 
ID:	8685

As you can see, this being an L3, it is still green!

The main portion of the backing is extremely thin plastic covered by a cloth layer. It is NON-breathable... meaning all those nasty pee smells will stay in your diaper, and not your nostrils.

The problem many have with cloth backing is chafing, and this will certainly be the case here, also.

The wings are still breathable, however. This may or may not be a bad thing for you. For me, it will be bad, as I sometimes have some moisture seep around the side of my diaper. Being breathable, it isn't completely waterproof, so that may be an issue also.

The tapes...

Name:	IMG_0033.jpg 
Views:	885 
Size:	213.3 KB 
ID:	8682

Name:	IMG_0032.jpg 
Views:	1251 
Size:	210.0 KB 
ID:	8686

Not sure if you can tell by the pictures, but that is rows of velcro, and tape.

Now, I never liked the way any cloth backed diaper tapes worked, but these look and seem to work fantastic!

They have lost the "second-chance tape" and now use only this single tape.

They stick on very easily, and hold on VERY well. Unfortunately, me being a 32 waist, and these being L3's, I couldn't give them a proper strength test, but they did seem to not want to let go until they utterly ruined the back sheet, which is how a diaper tape should work!

I can honestly say, this is by far the best tape I've ever seen on a cloth backed diaper, period. They stick on and don't let go. If you want to take them off, though, they come right off... Well done Abena!

Other than that, everything else is the same, which is what we were expecting. Abena took to an old adage with this new version.. "Keep it simple, stupid!".

Now, I know a lot of our members have a strong affinity for plastic backing. Unfortunately, this change is needed to keep Abena as a viable market competitor. They really didn't have a choice. I think what they are delivering with the Delta-Form is a good, solid product. Better than the old one? Maybe not. Worse though? I don't think so. What I ultimately want is a product that is on-par with the old model, and I think Abena has delivered.

The big question that I always seek an answer for with every diaper I use... "Is this the quality I expect from Abena?" In this case the answer is YES!

What do you guys think?

If this product can get me through a day of work without an indication that it's there, and without padding shift or clumping, then I'm interested. The color, though: I would really prefer white. All I can say is: No more Attends breathables for me.

Cloth backed diapers are a lot more discrete in crinkle sounds and that's what a lot of IC people would prefer.

Thank you for this, hoping this means they are completely different tapes to the abena abri airplus that I have tried in the past which didn't stay on for very long at all.

Please keep these posts coming as they release new product.

Quote Originally Posted by Argent View Post
    Thank you for this, hoping this means they are completely different tapes to the abena abri airplus that I have tried in the past which didn't stay on for very long at all.

Please keep these posts coming as they release new product.
    Yes, the tapes are WAY better than the Air-Plus premium.

Hopefully Abena will refresh the Premium line soon and add these tapes to it.

I am moving into my new apartment this upcoming Monday and I might just have to order myself some of these to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I am moving into my new apartment this upcoming Monday and I might just have to order myself some of these to try out.
    You can get the Delta L3's from XP Medical.

I'm not sure if anyone else has them in stock yet. Even XP Medical does not have the cloth M3's in stock yet.

I'll just wait until next school year to order good diapers again. I like the feel of them.

What's it like if you take the cloth covering off? Sometimes I do that with baby diapers when I really want a good old plastic backed one. Would the tapes stick well enough on the plastic or is the sticky portion not strong enough?

I take it they still have the disposable M4's? I'm going home in a week or so and was gonna order a case.... :/