Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Size Diaper Should I Buy

Default What Size Diaper Should I Buy

My GF and I are going to wear diapers for the first time very soon. We are going to get the Depends with tape straps. My GF is a size 12 and I have a 32" waist. What size should we that that will fit both of us?

Those measurements seem to put you right on the high end of Medium. It's better to buy too big rather than too small, so start with the Larges and switch to a Medium if they seem too big for you guys.

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by MaineDL View Post
    My GF and I are going to wear diapers for the first time very soon. We are going to get the Depends with tape straps. My GF is a size 12 and I have a 32" waist. What size should we that that will fit both of us?
    I would suggest the mediums, dont go for large because I wear large and I have a 36 inch waist, and the larges are pretty big on me... the mediums fit me JUST fine, and seeing as you are 32, they will fit you the way larges fit me. As for your GF, im not familiar with the differnece between female and male sizes so I cant help you there, but if 0 is the smallest you can get, then I guess mediums would work for her, and larges could also work. But for you i'd definately say mediums.

First I wouldn't buy depends unless you absolutely have to. They are the worst diapers I have ever used.

You can go to XP Medical -Sample Packs and get samples of the different sizes. I have lost a ton of weight in the last 3 year and have had to do this a number of time. It really is the best way not to get stuck with a bunch of diapers that don't fit well

However, you will have to wait for them to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyAmk View Post
    I would suggest the mediums, dont go for large because I wear large and I have a 36 inch waist, and the larges are pretty big on me... the mediums fit me JUST fine, and seeing as you are 32, they will fit you the way larges fit me. As for your GF, im not familiar with the differnece between female and male sizes so I cant help you there, but if 0 is the smallest you can get, then I guess mediums would work for her, and larges could also work. But for you i'd definately say mediums.
    She is just a little bigger than me so mediums will probably work for us then.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinkleAR1Jeff View Post
    First I wouldn't buy depends unless you absolutely have to. They are the worst diapers I have ever used.

You can go to XP Medical -Sample Packs and get samples of the different sizes. I have lost a ton of weight in the last 3 year and have had to do this a number of time. It really is the best way not to get stuck with a bunch of diapers that don't fit well

However, you will have to wait for them to arrive.
    Ordering diapers won't be posible becouse we both live our parents still. I there any other good brands Right Aid carries besides Depends?

I don't think 32" is too close to the "high end of medium", I'm 38" and I believe that is the high end for medium. Mediums will fit you fine.

Tho remember that diapers aren't all sized the same. So if you just fit into a medium brand X, you might not fit into a medium for all brands, etc.

Fist Exor is right. It’s better to be too large then too small. Start with large and move to medium if you find that large is too big. At least you can still use the larges until there gone. You can’t go the other way.

Anyway, I'm sorry that I was so negative about Depends. They are far better then store brands, and they do work. So if you and your girlfriend have no other choice, by all means use them. They will at least give you the "I'm diapers" feeling. I have a hard time finding the Overnight briefs, which are the only kind I can find that are the “tape” kind, in my area. I don’t like the “Pull up” style.

Depends are very thin compared to most “quality” diapers. They won’t hold much. Even one medium sized wetting will leak for me. You also have to wet really really slowly. If you like a thick diaper you may have to use two at once. Be warned that this doesn't equal twice the volume that it can hold. Don’t ask me why. No matter how you cut the inside diaper, it just doesn’t work that way.

I admit, I'm spoiled. Ever since I bought the Dry 24/7's I have fell in love with them. So much so that I went from the “Occasional” diaper user to using diapers 4 or 5 days a week. I now wet in a diaper MORE then in the toilet.

Dry 24/7's feel like the diapers I used to wear as a kid. They are about 3 times ticker, and I love a tick diaper. They fit me so much better and hold SO MUCH more. I can wet them 4 times before I have to change (I know this because I used one 5 time yesterday before it leaked). I still want to try Bambino diapers, because of the looks, but I will never go back to Depends, unless I have to. I have spent too much money and time on crummy diapers, but Depends are better then nothing.

Attends is my favorite diaper, after Dry 24/7. Some pharmacies, including Rite Aids, carry "Attends", but not alot. If yours dose I would use Attends over Depends (by far). Unfortunately most stores no longer carry the really good brands. They care more about being thin, concealed and being as cheep as possible, rather then being practical.

If you go to Attends Retail Locator and enter your zip code you may get lucky and find a local store that carries Attends. The zip code for Augusta (I used that since you don't have a city listed) has two locations. You may get lucky.

Some more options for you, even living at home. Some online stores, like Walmart.com and target.com have “Site to Store” options. You can get some additional brands of Diapers that way.

Also, you can still order diapers from XP Medical. What you do is order them. Then, when XP Medical sends you the Tracking number, request from Fedex that they “Hold at a Fedex Location”. You can do it online or over the phone. However, once my order was on the truck heading to my house before XP Medical sent me the tracking number. It ended up at my door anyway.

If your really worried that is might happen, when you request that XP Medical, or anywhere else for that matter, ship them "Hold at a Fedex location". According to Fedex, you have to tell them it's an option in the FedEx Ship Manager, under the Special Services section. They would select Hold at FedEx Location. Make sure you give them the address you want them sent to. Go to Find at a Fedex Location and you can find a local Fedex location.

You can always just request the tracking number be sent BEFORE it goes out the door. I don’t know if that is possible or not.

Of course the drawback is waiting time. Anyway, I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinkleAR1Jeff View Post
    Fist Exor is right. It’s better to be too large then too small. Start with large and move to medium if you find that large is too big. At least you can still use the larges until there gone. You can’t go the other way.

Anyway, I'm sorry that I was so negative about Depends. They are far better then store brands, and they do work. So if you and your girlfriend have no other choice, by all means use them. They will at least give you the "I'm diapers" feeling. I have a hard time finding the Overnight briefs, which are the only kind I can find that are the “tape” kind, in my area. I don’t like the “Pull up” style.

Depends are very thin compared to most “quality” diapers. They won’t hold much. Even one medium sized wetting will leak for me. You also have to wet really really slowly. If you like a thick diaper you may have to use two at once. Be warned that this doesn't equal twice the volume that it can hold. Don’t ask me why. No matter how you cut the inside diaper, it just doesn’t work that way.

I admit, I'm spoiled. Ever since I bought the Dry 24/7's I have fell in love with them. So much so that I went from the “Occasional” diaper user to using diapers 4 or 5 days a week. I now wet in a diaper MORE then in the toilet.

Dry 24/7's feel like the diapers I used to wear as a kid. They are about 3 times ticker, and I love a tick diaper. They fit me so much better and hold SO MUCH more. I can wet them 4 times before I have to change (I know this because I used one 5 time yesterday before it leaked). I still want to try Bambino diapers, because of the looks, but I will never go back to Depends, unless I have to. I have spent too much money and time on crummy diapers, but Depends are better then nothing.

Attends is my favorite diaper, after Dry 24/7. Some pharmacies, including Rite Aids, carry "Attends", but not alot. If yours dose I would use Attends over Depends (by far). Unfortunately most stores no longer carry the really good brands. They care more about being thin, concealed and being as cheep as possible, rather then being practical.

If you go to Attends Retail Locator and enter your zip code you may get lucky and find a local store that carries Attends. The zip code for Augusta (I used that since you don't have a city listed) has two locations. You may get lucky.

Some more options for you, even living at home. Some online stores, like Walmart.com and target.com have “Site to Store” options. You can get some additional brands of Diapers that way.

Anyway, I hope this helps.
    Thank you for all the info. I will look for Attends but, if I don't find any I will just get Depends for our first time. At this moment I'm not eaven sure if we will pee in the diapers since we have never worn diapers before. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pee in mine. I highly doubt I will but, can you mess in a Depend? If my GF and I realy like diapers I will definatly order some ABU Cushies or Bambinos. There are alot of diapers out there that I realy want to try.

I don't know about messing in Depends. I'm not much of a messy diaper guy, so I haven't tried it. I do on very rare occations, and it feels great, but I just can't stand the clean up.

It would make more since that they would work better then wetting. Unless you have a really loose mess, it shouldn't "Run" so to speak. I would think that they would at least as well on messy verse wet diapers, but how well is just guess for me.

idk about Right Aid brands but Walgreens makes excellent adult diapers. It's called Certainty and very often on sale (at least in the south). I'm a size 10 in jeans so mediums are nice for me and my boyfriend is a 32" waist and they fit nice. But I agree it's better to go bigger than smaller~ Though,Medium sounds like your guys perfect spot.