Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3 computer

Default Diablo 3 computer

I need to get a new computer to play diablo 3 on. At these I think I do. I have an emachine with a AMD Athlon II X2 220 dual-core processor and a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE and I don't think it is up to snuff.
    Can I just replace the graphics card or do I need a new computer? If I do need a new one I could definitely use some suggestions. Thanks much, I can't wait for the 15th.

I used System Requirements Lab when the Beta went public a couple of weeks back for a weekend and it basically gives you a rating of how close you are in graphics, processor, ram ,etc. It should show you what needs the most upgrading on your system, however when I checked mine it said my processor was to slow, however the game ran fine aside from some momentary slow down with massive sudden spawns.

Thanks I ran my computer through the website and it said all I needed was a better graphics card. Which means I don't have to buy a new computer and that's awesome.

I need a new graphics card...but...I have a Sony Vaio laptop...I'll be danged if I'll pay the $$ for a graphics card for this hunk o' junk. I'm getting a new computer so I can play! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    I need a new graphics card...but...I have a Sony Vaio laptop...I'll be danged if I'll pay the $$ for a graphics card for this hunk o' junk. I'm getting a new computer so I can play! :-D
    I don't think you can upgrade them in laptops since as how their built into the motherboard itself. I saw some setup/mod where you could hace a external graphics card on a laptop. I thought that idea was pretty cool. It was like a desktop GPU but on it's own little stand and plugged into some port on the laptop.

Here it is...

anyways I plan on getting diablo 3 asap I guess. only game like it I have is torchlight, but it's short.

So I happen to have a slimline desktop and the graphics card I bought didn't fit. Does anyone know what Nvidia graphics card will fit or will any low profile fit? The full sized card fit in the comp but the plugs it had stuck out.
    If you are computer inclined it is a emachine EL1352 07E I just can't find for sure if any online stores have the right one.

all of the good graphics cards I've seen won't fit a slimline PC tower. I would suggest opening the chase and taking a ruler or tape measure to see how much space you have to work with. However my 8800GT card which is like 5-6 generations old now is at least 4 to maybe 5 and a half inches tall from the PCI express case to the edge of the case. Silmline computer cases aren't exactly for PC gamers anyhow and as you've seen are horrible for graphic cards.

Yeah the women at best buy recommended I transfer the computer into a realistic type case I may just get a hand saw and make some room in the case for the pieces to stick out for now. I am going to at least try to get one that will fit, I have two weeks do worse case I buy the one that didn't fit at discount because I opened it and returned it then mash up my case a bit around the area it goes into.

You can get some semi decent low profile cards that will fit in a small form factor case. From AMD your best bet will probably be something like a Radeon HD6570 or 6670, or an Nvidia GeForce GT430 is the most powerful card I have seen from them that will fit.

On the other hand, it might be worth buying a new case + power supply, and fitting your existing hardware including the graphics card you already bought into it. Some halfway decent ones can be had for not a whole lot, such as this here Thermaltake bundle: - Thermaltake VL84301W2Z V3 Black Edition with 430W Power Supply ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Shouldn't be at all difficult to transfer over your motherboard, ect into this, and the new graphics card you bought. Would be a better idea than trying to find a crappy low profile card to fit your eMachines.

Also, don't buy PC parts from Best Buy. Since you're in the USA, use Newegg or Amazon.

Has anyone bought the box version of the game and have a spare guest pass they'd like to give me? I'd really appreciate it, can't wait to buy the game but I have to wait a week or two to purchase it