Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C'ause when you enter somewhere, it's good to introduce yourself

Smile C'ause when you enter somewhere, it's good to introduce yourself

Hi,
    I'm not very good at this thing, so I used the form sticked...

1) Hello! Who are you?
    Hello, I'm Julien, 25 from France.
    I'm seaman, I work on merchant or fishing vessels and can be off-line for 2-3 monthes

2) What brings you here? (interest in diapers/regression)
    I'm DL since teenage, even if I can't say how does it came.
    I followed a French TB/DL forum, but it closed, have restarted from zero but I'm not anymore in the mood. I'm also on another AB/DL French forum.
    Maybe I will become AB, or am I little bit now ?
    And I'm engaged in a relationship, my girlfriend knows but is quite afraid by diapers. So we will see how it goes.

3) Diapers do not rule our lives! What are your other interests? (besides diapers/regression)
    I'm interested on computers (linux user), sailing (I own a sailing dinghy), cooking/eating, walking...

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

I want to discover other people and speak other subjects than between Frenchies

Welp! I guess I can say we have a seaman amongst us. Not been here long myself, so you're probably not the only one.

Welcome to the forum! Always good to see new friendly face.

Hope you enjoy your time here,

Bon chance a adisc.org

YAY! A sailor in our midst! My grandfather was in the merchant navy during WWII and my great-grandfather was the captain of an ocean-going sailing vessel (a ship with sails)!!! :-)

Bienvenue :-D

I love the ocean (in fact I live very close to the ocean...in the city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada), and sailing ships (not me sailing them...but the ships themselves). There is a festival here every few years called "Tall Ships Nova Scotia" annnnnnd I love it! Two ships will be coming from France again this year..."Etoile" and "La Belle Poule" (Does that mean what I think it means?)

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    I love the ocean (in fact I live very close to the ocean...in the city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada), and sailing ships (not me sailing them...but the ships themselves). There is a festival here every few years called "Tall Ships Nova Scotia" annnnnnd I love it! Two ships will be coming from France again this year..."Etoile" and "La Belle Poule" (Does that mean what I think it means?)
    Étoile means star
    Belle Poule means nice hen, but it's also a very familiar expression for nice girl.
    The both two ships are owned by our navy.

I forgot to mention, but I listen American radio : Radio Paradise

hello, Julien.....

it is indeed unexpected to have another salty-dog here. i spent my sea-time roaming the mid pacific and never made it to the Mediterranean area. but i had friends that did, and they said it was beautiful. now the closest i come to open water is sailing a small boat in Puget Sound once in a while, but salt is salt.

let me welcome you to ADISC. i have found everyone here to be most friendly and i am sure that you will too.....

little lodge wrecker......

Welcome to the site and I must say, your English is so much better than my French, so well done. I grew up along Barnegat Bay in New Jersey and sailed. I first owned a Snipe, and then had a 19 foot Interlaken. I'd love to be on the water again and sail, so I'm envious.

I think you will like this site, and we do discuss a lot of different things. Enjoy!

Was the forum TBK by any chance? It was the first *B forum on which I was a member - I have found memories

Also, it just so happens that most of my ancestry is from Normandy, though its quite ancient at this point (my ancestor on my mother's side arrived in North America 400+ years ago). Still, I'll defenitively need to visit at some point. Bienvenue à bord, moussaillon!

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    it is indeed unexpected to have another salty-dog here. i spent my sea-time roaming the mid pacific and never made it to the Mediterranean area. but i had friends that did, and they said it was beautiful. now the closest i come to open water is sailing a small boat in Puget Sound once in a while, but salt is salt.
    I went in Mediterranean Sea, but I'm most of the time in the English Channel (where I live) and Atlantic. I prefer seas with tide !
    You worked of which kind of ships ?

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I grew up along Barnegat Bay in New Jersey and sailed. I first owned a Snipe, and then had a 19 foot Interlaken. I'd love to be on the water again and sail, so I'm envious.
    I don't know the 19' Interlaken. I own a Buzz, it's fun but quite more stable with the mast underwater, you know generally very clearly when you did a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Was the forum TBK by any chance? It was the first *B forum on which I was a member - I have found memories

Also, it just so happens that most of my ancestry is from Normandy, though its quite ancient at this point (my ancestor on my mother's side arrived in North America 400+ years ago). Still, I'll defenitively need to visit at some point. Bienvenue à bord, moussaillon!
    Yes it was TBK !
    If you come to Normandy one day, contact me, if I'm not at sea we can see ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jul View Post
    Étoile means star
    Belle Poule means nice hen, but it's also a very familiar expression for nice girl.
    The both two ships are owned by our navy.
    LOL yes...exactly..."pretty chicken" lol Seems a silly name for a ship, but...she's still quite nice. I look forward to seeing them both this summer! :-)
    Ohhhh I didn't know they were French Navy...just knew they were from France.

Howdy and welcome to ADISC! I hope you make some good friends here and find plenty of interesting topics to engage in.

Stay dry and happy!