Thread: 3 months on the road... feels soooo good to be home!

Default 3 months on the road... feels soooo good to be home!

I haven't been near a computer or within 1,000 miles of home for the past 3 months. One of my lifelong dreams ever since I was little was to be an OTR trucker... opportunities like this one don't come along much esp since I just got my CDL on my 21st birthday last October...I was on Craigslist one day and found a guy sellin an '89 Kenworth for 7500.00 and ended up buyin it from him. Got a good contract which is worth 50,000 in January and started haulin... just got back from Seattle after dropping a load at a Walmart there.... it's good to be home! Until June 15th I am home then back on the road for 3 more months......

My ol '76 Mercedes has been sitting under a tarp in our carport for 3 months and it fired right up like it had been waiting on me... man it feels good to be back!

I've always wondered, what do you do while you're driving thousands of miles between destinations? Do you just, like, eat food and listen to music, or what?

Pretty much lol.... it speaks for itself I gained 9 pounds... surprised I didn't gain more than that... truckstop food lol

But good lord this thing has a Detroit Diesel in it... its actually a straight six and damn does that thing scream... who needs a radio