Thread: Helena Bonham Carter wore adult nappies

Default Helena Bonham Carter wore adult nappies

Not a new story but widely reported this week, the actress turned to wearing nappies on set because she couldn't control her bladder after giving birth!

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Showbiz :: New mum Bonham Carter wore nappies on Harry Potter set

I'm sure there's lots of women in the same situation, famous or otherwise - the more who admit to it has to help destigmatise adult nappy wearing.

she only wore them since she had to. In the 6th movie she jumps, screams and does all sorts of things if she just have birth maybe 3 months ago her body still might of been recovering from it. It's not a too uncommon problem with women to lose some control after giving birth or even just being pregnant from what I understand. Plus I don't think she was wearing any thick diapers like M4's or Dry 24/7's.

MonarchMonk

Isn't she also the Mother from Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)?

There was something to do with one of the other actors as well, one of the bullies that follows Malfoy (Whatever his name is. I think it was the fat one.) was arrested during the riots in that happened in the United Kingdom.

To me, learning someone had to wear them out of need just isn't news. Women have to wear panty-liners too, as well as tampons, it's just a normal part of life. Now if there's a story about someone who likes to wear for fun, I'm definitely interested!

Although I wear by choice rather than need, I just like the fact that a woman of her age has admitted wearing them, it just makes it seem more normal and acceptable. Some people don't like to see a young or middle aged person advertising adult nappies and incontinence products as they think it's not realistic, well that sort of attitude just makes it harder for those younger people who do need them. This just shows not all adult nappy wearers are aged over 80 and people shouldn't be ashamed to wear them!

Quote Originally Posted by nj78 View Post
    Although I wear by choice rather than need, I just like the fact that a woman of her age has admitted wearing them, it just makes it seem more normal and acceptable. Some people don't like to see a young or middle aged person advertising adult nappies and incontinence products as they think it's not realistic, well that sort of attitude just makes it harder for those younger people who do need them. This just shows not all adult nappy wearers are aged over 80 and people shouldn't be ashamed to wear them!
    Again its not that she wanted to wear them, she had to wear them. People should easily understand this and this is a actually common problem. I think one of my cousin's dealt with this issue after having her first son, and it's only temporary really. If anyone over the age of 18 or 21
    think adult diapers are for people 80 or older, then well their simply wrong and don't know facts.

Plus this is the first time I've heard about this, so I doubt it's that big of a story that will gain any attention from the public and change their views about diapers in the slightest regard.