Thread: DLism and growing up too fast?

Default DLism and growing up too fast?

Hey there- I am a bit of a long time browser and short time poster but I hope this makes sense to everyone.

For a while now I have been thinking about why I am a DL, and the route cause, if there is one. If I could perhaps put it down to anything, maybe it is down to the fact that I have had an 'unusual' childhood growing up.

I have always been in a stable family unit. Parents never been divorced, never had any family tragedy's or anything too dramatic in that nature. I am 21 years old and I live in the S.E of England currently.

When I was 5 years old, my dad moved us out to Taiwan, as he was offered a job out there. Then eventually moved onto South Korea, Hong Kong and finally Singapore. We came back to England when I was 15.

My first DL memory's were in Taiwan, when I used to steal nappies from younger siblings of friends houses I went too. Of course I'm not sure what impulsed me to do this, but as far as I am aware it started from there and my desire for nappies sort of grew.

Obtaining adult size nappies in Asia (when I became a teenager) was painfully easy. Different exotic brands were available and they were pretty cheap.

Back on topic, I often wonder if the move from England to Asia at such a young age could have impacted on me becoming a DL in anyway. Being on planes, going to 7 different schools, new cultures.. it all sounds very exciting, but could such a change in environment at a young age trigger thoughts about nappies and the like?!

Thanks for reading!

I reckon it could indeed, I have been to a few different schools and I think no matter how much you deny it moving schools is stressful and I think that is partly why you an I like nappies, because they bring back feeling ascoiated with a time where things were easy. I think also humans dont really like that much change and nappies are obvisouly a thing from when people are young and sometimes people can fall back on things when they were young.

Quote Originally Posted by Shtu123 View Post
    I reckon it could indeed, I have been to a few different schools and I think no matter how much you deny it moving schools is stressful and I think that is partly why you an I like nappies, because they bring back feeling ascoiated with a time where things were easy. I think also humans dont really like that much change and nappies are obvisouly a thing from when people are young and sometimes people can fall back on things when they were young.
    ▲ basicly says it.

I do think it could be a factor in being a DL

What you went through and me are kind of simular like you said you moved alot,I havent moved as far but I did move alot but

...In my case, it could be different like me having an unstable home suation because my mom and me are really poor and at times I had to be adult just to survive and with bullying from my schools/government/family,I think that played a factor too.

Im not sure why I am a DL,but I think your right on not having a childhood/being an adult early age plays a role in it

Wow that maybe why im a DL i lived in England till i was 7 then coz my dad was working out in greece we all moved out there me my bro and mum i was schooled there till i was 16 and notest i liked diapers at 14 maybe yonger, when we where out there we where showen alot of stuff a 7 and 9 year old shouldent see we where took to drinking partys all the time manly coz my dad dident lov my mum and she was trying to get him back there was a lot of agression back then and maybe all that and being in a new cuntry would have effected me alot but dono :/ realy im not suprised i like diaper after all the stuff i went through when i was a kid i think i feel like i never got a childhood :/

The feelings for diapers, whether sexual or not can be pretty easily attributed to some time in your childhood that made diapers equate to normalcy, structure, happiness, or simply a time with less problems. The way they turn from comfort to sexual fetish is still beyond my experience or knowledge, (meditation works wonders for talking with your subconsciousness) but i see extremely few people who's thoughts for diapers started after 13 or so. They are almost always prepubescent and preempt internal language and "thinking something through"

My experience was based in late training, and, effectively, emotional abandonment after potty training. This mixed with the anxiety of wetting, regular 2+ hour car rides, and a father that would scream and stomp the rest of the day if one of us acted our age, put me in a position of longing for times when those things didnt exist.

sparknotes- I have daddy issues and extreme urinary anxiety/shy bladder.

MonarchMonk

I was bullied a lot in school and I was left out from most social events, I was left alone and I didn't really get anyone to be friends with. I played on my own and I started up my own addiction to diapers, since me thinking that acting and getting younger would get rid of my problems would fix it all. It didn't, but I still have the diapers.