Thread: Tender Super Nappies - Any advice?

Talking Tender Super Nappies - Any advice?

Hey,

I'm wearing my first nappy right now It's amazing!

Anyway back to the question, I bought the Large size thinking that because they are cheap they would run small. Boy, was I wrong!
    Has anyone had experience with both Large and Medium sizes? Is there a big difference between the 2 sizes? As these are okay but they are not snugg enough so I'm thinking I should try the mediums.
    It would be great if I could fit into the Mediums.

Any advice would be amazing!

CrinklySiren

usually the only differece between mediums and larges is the width and height, the width is usually extended by about 5-7 inches, and the height is increased about the same. But it also depends on the brand that you are buying.. For example, there is a big difference between the medium bambinos and the large bambinos, but very little difference between the Large bambinos and the Extra Large bambinos. But when it comes to ABU diapers, the large is a big difference compared to the medium, the tapes reach around your abdomen more. I personally wear large not because i dont fit in mediums, but i feel more like a baby the higher the diaper rises and the closer to my abdomen the tapes are. But I risk the chance of leaking since they are not fitting as snug, especially when its one tape per side like the ABU diapers. So i also keep some mediums incase I feel like being snug, but i usually dont wear them because the tapes are by the sides of my waist and it feels like im wearing a diaper that is too small... but anyway, hope this helps!

I once bought some large Tena Slips (as the shop had sold out of mediums), assuming that I'd just have to do them up tighter and they'd be fine... How wrong I was! They didn't look much bigger than mediums, but the fit was terrible. As you say, they weren't snug at all and leaked way too easily. Dropping down to mediums fixed that for me...

In case it helps, I have about a 30" waist and mediums tend to fit just right; if I was much slimmer I'd drop down to small size...

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    I once bought some large Tena Slips (as the shop had sold out of mediums), assuming that I'd just have to do them up tighter and they'd be fine... How wrong I was!
    LOL. i did that once with Tena (at an Asda pharmacy - when they still stocked them on the shelves) and they drowned me. they were so big that they leaked like a government agency.

for the OP: the sizings and cuts of dispies vary from brand to brand and the only sure way of knowing what's suitable for you is to buy and try (unless you can get free samples, of course; though, many makers seem to be charging for samples, nowadays). it may be worth your sourcing shops and suppliers in your local area as they often provide free samples.