Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Adult Baby Syndrome" Article

Darkfinn

Default "Adult Baby Syndrome" Article

I was browsing the 'net and found this article from the American Journal of Psychiatry. It's an interesting read... and also may be of some assistance to any of you who are undergoing psychiatric therapy for infantilism. You can download the full PDF article for ease of reading.

Adult Baby Syndrome -- Pate and Gabbard 160 (11): 1932 -- Am J Psychiatry

Hmmm... Im almost positive ive seen that somewhere too, good read tho.

Thunder

It was interesting to read, but this guy sounded like he had some kind of other problems. Honestly, they proboably should have looked more into this subject or giving some kind of counter-argument. Thanks for posting this though.

My assessment of this article is that, the doctors had not done enough research into this subject. Nor, had they committed to any other case studies. Their conclusion was flawed based on his.
    I can also infer that Mr.A, was clearly in a corner so to speak. Reading deeker stories will do that.

*b/dl's should seek the advice of a pyschologist, not a psychiatrist (should they wish). psychology deals/treats with behaviours and disorders of the mind while psychiatry treats mental 'diseases' - the latter being a very vague term which has led to many dubious practices.
    overall, i would shy away from both as they are more cults than science.
    Last edited by ade; 29-Sep-2008 at 06:48.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    would shy away from both as they are more cults than science.
    Have you ever studied psychology..at all?
    Please shy away from stating things such as this. Psyc is a very powerful and broad science... its not all hypnotists and drugs.

That guy they described was obviously nuts. That's just insane. I had to stop reading it halfway through, because I was so appalled by his behaviour. He's completely obsessed.

This is in Bitter Gray's website. I am pretty sure that's where you seen this before, I was hoping this was a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Have you ever studied psychology..at all?
    Please shy away from stating things such as this. Psyc is a very powerful and broad science... its not all hypnotists and drugs.
    was i preaching to the converted?