View Poll Results: Would you rather serve your country and possibly die, or would you rather be french?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • French

18 58.06%
  • Be in the armed forces

13 41.94%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Armed Forces or French

stanfordhawks

Default Armed Forces or French

How many people here would rather be risking their life serving there country than be french?
    EDIT: I understand this is a mean question, but it seems like so many people make fun of france and say they would rather die proud than die french.

EmeraldsAndLime

What if you are French though?

Loopholes FTW!

I'm sorry, I don't understand. What is the point of this thread? Are you setting out to be racist, or was that just a mistake? Okay, there are stereotypes about the French and some people have no respect for them as a nation, but seriously posting this thread is just wrong. If you knew it was a 'mean question' as you put it, then why did you ask it? Please be more considerate when posting in the future.

simple, I'd rather be french, simply cuz I'd never join the army anywhere...

I'd probably join the army, if it was a good cause.
    Now, how one justifies a good cause is subjective, so if it was a good cause for me personally.
    So I picked 'Join' as an option. As a main rule, that's what I'd do.

French because I don't want to be in any army...I don't care about my country enough to die for it

I did serve this great Nation of ours for 20 years. I would do it again in a heart beat too. We as Americans seem to take living here as a right and privilege. It may be that way but we need those brave men and ladies to defend our way of life. If it were not for the sacrifices of those brave men over 60 years ago the world would be a much more dangerous and unhappy place to live in. And we have a all volunteer Military. That is what sets us a part from the rest of the world. We have a choice if we want to join up and which branch in which we want to serve. I served out country for 6 years in the Marines and for 14 in the Army. I got to go to places and meet people from all over this world. And for the most part all of them would give all they have to live here in America.

I'm already French. I also have better food than you. So nyeh!

And really, being American puts you in no place at all to make fun of other countries. There's a lot there that people can run with.

I'd fight and maybe even die, not since I really have anything against the french but since I um... support my country. I think the problem people have with the french is they seam they would do anything to not have to fight, I am not sure how true that is.

I'm already french...my dad's father and his parent were from France so making me a little bit french ....anyway I rather escape to Canada or Mexico then fight in a war.