Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talking about diapers around people

Default Talking about diapers around people

Today I go in our bedroom to ask my husband to change my diaper. I said to him "Can you change my diaper" and he tells me he is talking to Dell. He was on the phone with them using the blue tooth and I had no idea he was on the phone. he has those things in all the time so I don't know when he is on the phone. But luckily I didn't say it very loud. but after he got off, he told me the man heard me and said I said it out loud to him. But he didn't say anything about it but my husband was sure the person heard me.

Another time in Spokane, when my husband and I were first together, we arrive back at our hotel and right after I get out of my car, I put a load in my diaper right in the parking lot and told my husband what I just did and he told me there were two women nearby and they had heard me and they said something but he couldn't make out what they said. We were both sure it was about what I said.

Anyone else ever mentioned diapers and there happened to be someone around? Were you embarrassed about it or no?

Honestly I wasn't embarrassed because I would never see them again.

My wife and I rent out our basement.
    The floor has no insulation on it and sound goes right through it.

On several occasions my wife has asked me different things about my diapers or made statements about them out loud and I'm certain the renters heard what she was saying. They've never said anything but a little unnerving.

One of my fears is (I or her) accidentally saying something in the midst of a conversation with friends or family.
    I'm sure a freudian slip will happen sooner or later but I'm worried about it.

I haven't done it yet. But openly discussing things with parents is kinda odd.

Like yesterday my dad commented on the playtex insulator I've been using. He thought I got it from a package but I told him I got it years ago when my friend/"older brother" sent me a box of birthday presents fit for a 2-3 year old. I'm expecting a shipment of mc'ds My Little Pony toys and 2 bellisimo's sometime within the next two weeks.

only other ocward time was when my mom was drunk and asked me over the phone if I use diapers at all. I called her out on being drunk and told her she wouldn't want to know either way.

It is always awkward when I talk about diapers with my parents but my mother usually brings it up. I know she doesn't like it and has a negative attitude about it so it makes it hard for me to be honest about it and open. But lot of the times she says nothing about it.

I know this doesn't relate to the topic, but I told my gf about my diaper fetish and she doesn't care or mind it at all. Thank goodness I have her around.

I haven't done that yet,but I could see me doing that. I don't give much thought to it since I wear 24/7. I may mention something not even realized I've said something, such as I'm wet and need to change. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Today I go in our bedroom to ask my husband to change my diaper. I said to him "Can you change my diaper" and he tells me he is talking to Dell. He was on the phone with them using the blue tooth and I had no idea he was on the phone. he has those things in all the time so I don't know when he is on the phone. But luckily I didn't say it very loud. but after he got off, he told me the man heard me and said I said it out loud to him. But he didn't say anything about it but my husband was sure the person heard me.

Another time in Spokane, when my husband and I were first together, we arrive back at our hotel and right after I get out of my car, I put a load in my diaper right in the parking lot and told my husband what I just did and he told me there were two women nearby and they had heard me and they said something but he couldn't make out what they said. We were both sure it was about what I said.

Anyone else ever mentioned diapers and there happened to be someone around? Were you embarrassed about it or no?

Honestly I wasn't embarrassed because I would never see them again.

CrinklySiren

I talk openly about diapers with my wife and my friends all the time, its part of my daily life and they accept it as part of my daily life despite me not doing it for need but more for want, they understand my little side so well that when I talk about new diapers or outfits i bought, they indulge me and say "oh thats awesome." sometimes they even ask to see them.

As for in public, I have been yelled at by my wife about my diapers or ab side, and people pretend not to listen, but I sure do get embarassed because people still pierce you with their eyes. Or sometimes my friends will mention it out loud and some of them will lower their voice and apologize and others will reasure me and say "dont worry, you'll never see them again, who cares" in which I do just that, and forget about it. On occasion i will speak openly about it no matter where I am because sometimes i embed in my mind that i will never see these people again so it shouldnt matter. But i feel more insecure in some occasions more than others.

Sometimes when I'm thinking out loud something about diapers pops out and I do double takes to make sure no one heard. At the same time I'm excited I was so open about it. I wish my friends were as awesome as CrinkyAmk's are and I could be as open as he is.

I guess im the lucky one like CrinkyAmk on this subject.

After a few weeks ago,I took a risk on telling my close friends aunt[not really an aunt but a close friend]that I was an DL and got lucky...

So whenever we talk about things,its usually about diapers and such

She has a young son going into potty training and I give her advise on what to avoid and stuff so that her son wont end up like me,someone who has an interest in diapers...

But we do talk in private about stuff when it comes to diapers...hmmm,Now that I remember it,thats odd that she told me¨You know that there are adult diapers that look like baby ones right?¨...How did she know about that even tho she's never used the internet?

Anyways,she's really happy for me.

I guess im too open about my DLness...Oh well...life will go on anyways. Right? ¨Life goes on¨

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by MegaChar View Post
    I guess im the lucky one like CrinkyAmk on this subject.

After a few weeks ago,I took a risk on telling my close friends aunt[not really an aunt but a close friend]that I was an DL and got lucky...

So whenever we talk about things,its usually about diapers and such

She has a young son going into potty training and I give her advise on what to avoid and stuff so that her son wont end up like me,someone who has an interest in diapers...

But we do talk in private about stuff when it comes to diapers...hmmm,Now that I remember it,thats odd that she told me¨You know that there are adult diapers that look like baby ones right?¨...How did she know about that even tho she's never used the internet?

Anyways,she's really happy for me.

I guess im too open about my DLness...Oh well...life will go on anyways. Right? ¨Life goes on¨
    It feels good to know that I'm not the only one who is ultimately proud of being ABDL, my friends actually salute me for having the courage to live my life as open as I do... Ive had previous ENEMIES come up to me and say "man I wish I had the courage you have to say you do this whole abdl thing so openly"... Why hide something that makes you who you are? Something I tell my friends before i reveal my secret is "i just want you to know ive done this since i was very little, and its part of what defines me as a person, so keep that in mind and consider that im still the same person you met 6-7-8 years ago, you just know this about me now" and usually it makes it obvious that reacting unrationally about it the whole thing is ridiculous because its true, im still the same person they knew before. Ive grown close with a lot of friends and I have people I can easily call my brothers/sisters because of how much closer I grew to them after revealing my secret. People are generally good hearted so being afraid of them is only going to make YOU trust them less.