Thread: Health Issues Causing DL

Default Health Issues Causing DL

I was thinking the other day about how many DLs seem to have current or former bladder or bowel issues. Many people on here talk about being long time bedwetters in adolsense, having irratable bowel, overactive bladder, etc. I myself have always struggled with overactive bladder, freguent bladder infections and bad urges ever since childhood. I was wondering how many DLs on here have some sort of issue using the bathroom, and do you think it causes a person to be more likely be a DL? I think my fasination with diapers stemed from wondering what it would be like to not always have to run to the bathroom, and the wondering led me to trying it and it all kind of went from there. What do you think?

I have noticed that people with bladder problems turn into DLs. Sometimes they turn into a AB. I heard it's how they deal with their medical issues. Same happens with bedwetters too. But I am not saying this happens to all of them. Some of them never become a AB/DL but still come to the community to deal with their incontinence and talk about it without being judged or shunned by bitter incontinent folks in the incontinent communities such as at depend.com.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBearGirl View Post
    I was wondering how many DLs on here have some sort of issue using the bathroom, and do you think it causes a person to be more likely be a DL? I think my fasination with diapers stemed from wondering what it would be like to not always have to run to the bathroom, and the wondering led me to trying it and it all kind of went from there. What do you think?
    i think it's largely true, though there are different types of DL in respect of the puberty issue. all it takes is for a seed to be planted and nature does the rest.

for me, my future was sown in my parents attempts (or rather, the doctor's instructions) to stop my bedwetting: after trying several methods, we got around to trying the 'dry chart' thing (where you get stars for each dry night and then cash at the end of every fully starred week). naturally, it didn't work at first, but when the ante was upped to 50p for each dry night, i sought my own solution to bedwetting: nappies (though i didn't necessarily think of them as such, they were just a solution to a problem).
    we lived in the local corner shop, back then, so getting plastic-pants was just a matter of stealing them when my mum's back was turned. nappies started off as old jumpers, but quickly moved onto old towels and nappy pins (after my investigations into what and how babies wore).

You have to consider that probably a large majority of incontinents and bedwetters here are fantasy induced.

CrinklySiren

Well my love for ABDL as a lifestyle rather than a sexual fetish started as a child because as a frequent bedwetter until a very late age, I had to wear diapers and pull-ups to bed and I cant describe why but I always seemed to enjoy diaper change time, or being told to put on my pull-ups before bed, the idea of being little and being babied always made me happy and feel good, and every time i would play any "family" related game with friends or cousins, I would always play the baby instead of the dad or the brother even though I was the oldest. As a 6-7 year old I would actually go out of my way to take some of my visiting cousins diapers even though I had my own, I wanted to see what their diapers looked and felt like. One thing that always made me feel better rather than upset (as most bed wetters would) was when I woke up in a wet diaper, because I was never get scolded no matter how old I got and continued to wear diapers, I would just get changed and move on with my day until eventually I just grew out of the bedwetting. But sometimes I dare say I was born ABDL because diapers have always felt like a part of me, and ive always felt like the baby of any group of people since I was very small.. So if its possible to fall in love with being a baby as early as 4 then Im an example of it because ive always loved it.

It wasny until 16 when diapers started becoming partially sexual, but it was not started as a sexual thing.

Well seeing as so many people are saying that this is true Illl have to be the anti and say nope not a bed wetter or incontinent at any timer after being trained. Though my brother was a bedwetter so might be due to jelousy that he got all the attention and I didn't. However, I think one reason was sheer lazyness, as I alwyas remember being like I cant be bothered/want to go to the toilet, if I was in a nappy I could do it here and not have to stop what im doing. So im my case nope but im also a Tb so that could be part of it.

I've read somewhere and sort of buy into the idea that it's a mental response to stress. People who were potty trained early by aggressive or over zealous parents, or kids who wet the bed may both in certain ways associate being diapered with feelings of ease about whatever their particular situation was. It was an interesting thought anyways.

I actually wet the bed for the first 11 years of my life and this is where my diaper loving started. I never wanted to fully let go of my diapers.

I have always had partial IC issues, which for me led to ABDLism, as a way to deal positively with the situation.

Just for the record (as tho it were a poll) my DL has no medical roots. And I've been interested in getting back into diapers for as long as I can remember. Now I'm "livin' the dream"