Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is he a caretaker?

Red face Is he a caretaker?

Hello again, all! It was a bright and beautiful day in my neck of the woods! Hope it was good for you as well!!!

Anyway, my boyfriend wants to know: what would he be considered as? Would he be considered as a Dad, as a Caretaker, or what?

Sorry if this question throws you off. I know I worded it a little funky. I wasn't quite sure how to phrase it!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

babyjasmine

Uh. It's really hard to tell without knowing anything your boyfriend does for you. It's like asking someone into M/s 'is my husband my Master!?'...how would we know? :P If you're asking if there's a special name for the partner of an AB, no, there's not.

A Daddy is a caretaker*, but a caretaker isn't necessarily a 'Daddy'. So if he's a Daddy (and he looks after your little side, he'd still be considered a caretaker). However if you have a different role and name for him (brother, babysitter, uncle...), he'd obviously not be considered a 'Daddy'. Sometimes male caretakers use 'Daddy' as shorthand (as in 'I'm a Daddy' rather than 'I'm a male caretaker'), but it's not necessary if he'd rather not be known as a Daddy.

Most of the time people in the AB world don't use 'Mom' or 'Dad', but 'Mommy' and 'Daddy'. I guess the reason for that is those words are a lot more childish-sounding, and help separate the ageplay from the feelings you have about your real parents.

Ultimately, what his 'role' is is up to you two (assuming he takes part). You can have a 'Daddy' who never changes a single diaper or a babysitter who takes care of you completely. Call him 'Mommy' or 'great grandfather' or 'Owner', it really doesn't matter, as long as you're both happy. Those titles can mean different things to different people.

*In the ABDL world, I mean. There are 'daddies' in other areas of fetishy-stuff for whom the title has little to do with ageplay.

Well I've read alot of your posts and from what I've heard it's possible and I would say most Likly he is or has daddy potential. but charliepup is also right that we would need more information on what/how he does things For you or if he wants to, and to what extent is he willing or maybe even wanting to go with you. Over all the fact that he's so accepting is great! And if he is a daddy you truly are lucky! Keep us updated on how this goes and good luck!

What is the difference between a caretaker and AB mom or AB dad?

I guess caretaker be when someone decided to care for someone who is an adult baby and they are not in a relationship. Since you two are in one, he be your dad.

Thank you for your help and advice!

Well, my boyfriend is willing to buy me AB items, he is willing to change my diaper as long as it is only wet, and he is willing to engage in playtime with me (i.e. playing ball, playing with legos, etc. Last night he was pushing on my nose and doing different car and animal sounds!). I told him if it ever got uncomfortable for him, I would stop doing AB things, and he said for me not to. He said that just because it might cause him a little discomfort, (which he assured me it doesn't), that doesn't mean that I should stop being myself.

Than I would say he is most deffinantly a daddy from what you described. Good for you! You found something only some of us every dream of having. I would not say he's a caretaker ie (babysitter, big brother, uncle ect..) unless he doesn't like being called daddy, although the job description of a daddy is basically a caretaker but if your looking to put a name to it I have no doubt he's a daddy as long as that's ok with him. Congratulations! And good luck with your new daddy

Thanks, Disneyprincess! You are one of the sweetest people EVER! I love you!

To me with "Daddy" and "Mommy", there is a family connection. However, that is just me. I have never called my companion "Mommy" as she and I are intimate, which I would never do with a "Mommy". However, that is just me. She is not supportive of my DL side, but if she were, I would call her a Babysitter (ie not family connection), but not everyone would have issues with that. It really is just how you view your boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjasmine View Post

Well, my boyfriend is willing to buy me AB items, he is willing to change my diaper as long as it is only wet, and he is willing to engage in playtime with me (i.e. playing ball, playing with legos, etc. Last night he was pushing on my nose and doing different car and animal sounds!). I told him if it ever got uncomfortable for him, I would stop doing AB things, and he said for me not to. He said that just because it might cause him a little discomfort, (which he assured me it doesn't), that doesn't mean that I should stop being myself.
    Well, he defintly sounds like a daddy! You're so lucky! You have found a rare thing

Quote Originally Posted by babyjasmine View Post

he said for me not to. He said that just because it might cause him a little discomfort, (which he assured me it doesn't), that doesn't mean that I should stop being myself.

I think this is wonderful. I would hope that one day when I decided to tell my husband he would be just as accepting!! My husband doesn't know about the whole part of my little side. He does see and I'm sure hears me sucking my thumb...which I find myself doing more and more not just when I'm going to sleep. But I like my ..i don't have a name for it..but its a really really old cloth diaper I found many many years ago thats tattered and torn and I like to hold it along with a blankie that has silk edging. And he knows all about these things and has never asked or commented. And then the other night we got in a small argument and I was mad...in the morning he made cinnamon rolls and brought me mine on my Blues Clues plate with Blues clues fork and a kids cup of milk...I'm thinking maybe he knows more than I think I do?..Hmm what do I do? How did you tell your bf? Now caregiver ?