Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life Stress Test - How stressed are you?

Cherub

Default Life Stress Test - How stressed are you?

I was recently talking to a co-worked and they mentioned that they have taken a 'Life Stress Test' before. These tests are designed to help people zero in on whether or not they are under stress and if so, how much. I was digging around online and came across a pretty decent free life stress test. For accuracy, please limit your answers to what you have experienced ONLY in the past 24 months (2 years).

I knew I was under some stress with getting married, moving to another state, getting a new job, join a new church, making all new friends (because I moved), ect. My score was 478!! I had a warning pop up on my results "OVER 300 POINTS: This score indicates a major life crisis and is highly predictive (80%) of serious physical illness within the next 2 years."

So, how stressed are you?

Here is the HOLMES-RAHE Life Stress Test

Hmm, okay, so apparently, this test is not as foolproof and as accurate as I had thought. Well, feel free to enjoy it anyhow and comment as you might like about your results.
    Last edited by Cherub; 18-Apr-2012 at 19:47. Reason: added last paragraph

Well that was a bit higher than I thought but does make sense. I got 427.

Kinda scary.

Well I have so little stress it cant calculate it and I would agree. I also don't think this is accurate, it asks what you have experienced in the past 24 months but not how it's effected you.
    Last edited by huskvarna; 18-Apr-2012 at 09:28. Reason: More too add.

328 for me, but some of the results are consequential of others.

I got 327, so apparently I'm having a major life crisis. But honestly, the test seems to base the results off the assumption that all of those changes were bad, when a lot of the changes that happened to me in the last 24 months were good. I don't know how reliable it really is.

Just 208, but it definately indicated I was having some sort of crisis in my life. But, I think I'll let things unfold and see if it rings true, most likely not. ;-)

Supersam1223

I got 129.

Quote Originally Posted by briefboy View Post
    I got 327, so apparently I'm having a major life crisis. But honestly, the test seems to base the results off the assumption that all of those changes were bad, when a lot of the changes that happened to me in the last 24 months were good. I don't know how reliable it really is.
    Stress is actually also based on good things happening. People erroneously think that if you are experiencing good stress it means you are not experiencing the same physical effects of bad stress, but your body doesn't differentiate between bad and good even if your brain does. It's just stress. Same physiological pathway, just a different effect on your mental health

Grey

I ended up with 422 but I'll take the result with a pinch of salt as it were. Mostly work related stuff that bumped it up.

I got a score of 254. I don't feel like this test is accurate as none of the things that are stressing me out were listed as options and what may be no big deal to some may be very stressful to others.