Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: I wore in public for the first time today...

  1. #1

    Default I wore in public for the first time today...

    I have to say, it wasn't a totally pleasant experience. It was great to have a diaper on all day, but as the day went on it got less and less comfortable.

    I couldn't bring myself to wet in that situation either. My bladder was on total lockdown until I got back to my dorm. It was a long day too. My college was doing their academic celebration where all the students who had be working on projects and experiments got to present them to the public. It was a bit nerve-wracking attending the lectures diapered.

    Maybe its just something I have to get used to to enjoy. Anyone else have any first time tales or advice?

  2. #2

    Default

    I had a similar first time in public experience, I couldn't wet at all and was worried someone would notice. It definitely wasn't enjoyable and I decided not to do it again.

    About 6 months later I was taking a chemistry class with a 3 hour lab in which I realized a few things:
    - The stools in the lab were all metal and pretty uncomfortable, which was a good excuse for wearing a diaper.
    - It wasn't unusual to stand still and stare at something (e.g. equations or a measurement) for some time, which provided a pretty good position to wet in (I still can't get a stream started while walking).
    - We were all wearing lab coats (in the event of anything short of a massive leak, the coat would hide it completely)
    - Washing glassware was a not insignificant part of every lab (easy explanation for any wets spots in the event of a leak)
    - Chemistry lab is full of all sorts of weird smells (easy cover up for any diaper related odors)
    - If I was worried about disposal, there were plenty of restrooms on campus. I always wear underwear over a diaper, so it would have been no problem at all to remove diaper-->plastic bag it-->pull up pants-->plastic bag in backpack-->discrete trashcan somewhere.

    I'd also been wearing on and off for 6+ months, so a lot of the nervousness/excitement associated with wearing had sort of worn off by then.

    So pretty much it just comes down to finding a good situation to wear one. It's a lot better if you're comfortable wearing it and can be confident that you have several "outs" in case something goes wrong. Otherwise it's not really worth it imo.

  3. #3

    Default

    I agree ! I always get paranoid and feel like everyone's staring at my butt...

  4. #4

    Default

    I had a similar experience the first time, but the more you do it the more you realize some things:
    1. No one is looking at you (ie no one is looking at your butt or crotch)
    2. No one will notice even if the glance at your butt or crotch
    3. Even if they do notice, almost everyone will think you have a medical issue and wont say anything
    4. If you run into that very very rare person (usually a kid) that 1-3 don't apply, you learn to say, "Who care". What they think doesn't matter one bit.

    Keep trying, you will eventually be able to wet in public just as you do in private. Just plan ahead. You do have to figure out how to carry changing stuff, and where to change.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by CrinkleAR1Jeff View Post
    I had a similar experience the first time, but the more you do it the more you realize some things:
    1. No one is looking at you (ie no one is looking at your butt or crotch)
    2. No one will notice even if the glance at your butt or crotch
    3. Even if they do notice, almost everyone will think you have a medical issue and wont say anything
    4. If you run into that very very rare person (usually a kid) that 1-3 don't apply, you learn to say, "Who care". What they think doesn't matter one bit.

    Keep trying, you will eventually be able to wet in public just as you do in private. Just plan ahead. You do have to figure out how to carry changing stuff, and where to change.
    Although wearing out isn't something I do often, 1 to 3 are all true - Fortunately not run into no. 4 yet!
    I always feel like I'm walking funny because of the padding between my legs and people will spot it, but I videoed myself on my webcam once and I look exactly the same - So it's all in my head!

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Endurlay View Post
    I have to say, it wasn't a totally pleasant experience. It was great to have a diaper on all day, but as the day went on it got less and less comfortable.

    I couldn't bring myself to wet in that situation either. My bladder was on total lockdown until I got back to my dorm. It was a long day too. My college was doing their academic celebration where all the students who had be working on projects and experiments got to present them to the public. It was a bit nerve-wracking attending the lectures diapered.

    Maybe its just something I have to get used to to enjoy. Anyone else have any first time tales or advice?
    My first time was quite nerve wracking, but I found it incredibly easy the second time (and every time after that). It's worth remembering that the odds of anyone noticing or saying anything are very slim. I've been diapered 24/7 since August 2011 and, to my knowledge, no one has noticed.

    It could be worth mentioning that public diaper wearing isn't for everyone. I'd suggest trying it a few more times to see if you get more comfortable with it (if you want to). For most people things get easier with practice.

    If you really want to get into this it might be worth starting on a quiet day. Get padded and go somewhere quiet (i.e. people around, but not loads of them). The time after that go somewhere with slightly more people. That way you can gradually build up your confidence to do this.

    Good luck and enjoy

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by icyfire View Post
    Although wearing out isn't something I do often, 1 to 3 are all true - Fortunately not run into no. 4 yet!
    I always feel like I'm walking funny because of the padding between my legs and people will spot it, but I videoed myself on my webcam once and I look exactly the same - So it's all in my head!
    Of course this is a generally speaking kind of thing. As to #2, I like a thick diaper and have never had anyone notice it. I haven't had anyone look for any extended time at my butt or crotch and get the "questioning" look. Mind you I'm not advertizing it, but when was the last time you look at someones butt and thought, hay that guy could be wearing a diaper. Even if they do look, "Diapers" arn't the first thing the think of.

  8. #8

    Default

    I was never overly paranoid of someone thinking I was wearing a diaper. I usually wear sweat pants over them, and that will cover up a majority of the bulkiness and whatnot. The only issue I seem to have is with walking.

  9. #9

    Default

    You soon get used to wearing out in public, and after a while don't even think about the fact you're wearing it most of the time. If you're sensible it won't be noticed by anyone who isn't actually looking for it.

    Of course there's certain sensible precautions to take. Above the waistband is the most likely way for it to show, so wear a onesie/bodystocking or long tucked in T-shirt if it's not the weather for a longish coat. If you're concerned about bulk, start with a lighter nappy or pull-up and progress from there. And avoid tight jeans etc.

    As for wetting, make sure you know what the nappy you are wearing can handle, and don't push its limits like you might at home. If you're confident of not leaking, nappy wearing in public has a great convenience factor in terms of avoiding public toilets, as well as the buzz of wetting in public and nobody else knowing!

  10. #10

    Default

    Good job going out in public on campus for your first day wearing a diaper out of the house. I started wearing in public before I attended college and that was always a bit scary but I was only out for half an hour at first then uped the amount of time I was gone. now I have been wearing diapers to class about a third of the time that I go. wetting will become easier as you learn to trust your diaper more, that took me a few years to get down and I still struggle a bit. for instance I can wet easily in one classroom but i have to stress more in others, probably because the seats are different or i am so comfotrable in that classroom because I have spent so much time in there.

    I find that it I feel more comfortable in a larger lecture rather than a small class room because of more cover noise and distractions. I get most nervous when I am wearing a diaper and am in a room one on one with another person.

Similar Threads

  1. Wore to class for the first time today!
    By FootieCrinkle in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-Feb-2012, 20:38
  2. I wore out in public today
    By tbmoney in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-Oct-2010, 04:05
  3. I wore in public for the first time
    By muffin in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-Aug-2010, 14:32
  4. wore for first time in public :)
    By abc123fred in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 26-May-2010, 16:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.