Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: UK 'Boots' brand

  1. #1

    Default UK 'Boots' brand

    Does anyone else in the UK (or anywhere else) use Boots products?
    They've recently re-vamped their range, now seemingly made by Depends, and it's made a jump in quality.
    I use the pull-ups a fair bit when going out and the comfort, capacity and fit have all improved.
    Discrete enough to wear under regular clothes, too.

  2. #2

    Default

    I liked their star dry but finding it has been revamped going to try it again then. do they do nappy like ones with the straps/tabs though ?

  3. #3

    Default

    I bought some of the new boots stay dry pull up pants for men. These are now made by attends and are much better than before. They are in new sizes and are much better made. They are comfortable to wear and easy to hide under normal clothes. I was happy to wear them, but unsure how they would hold up when used for there intended purpose. This afternoon i had my first accident while wearing one and i am pleased to report no leaks. I suspect they would not take a second wetting, but if you wear during the day as an insurance in case of accidents, rather than for total incontinence then they may be worth a try.

  4. #4

    Default

    Turbocrow,
    They do have some with tapes, but the packaging isn't very different, so you need to look properly.

    Jamie72,
    I agree. They seem to take a decent single wetting, but I wouldn't fancy my chances on no leaks after a second wetting.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Vorlonfairy View Post
    Turbocrow,
    They do have some with tapes, but the packaging isn't very different, so you need to look properly.
    I've never come across them, that must be a recent change.
    Any chance someone has got some pictures of the all-in-one Boots nappy?

    Cheers

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Vorlonfairy View Post
    Does anyone else in the UK (or anywhere else) use Boots products?
    They've recently re-vamped their range, now seemingly made by Depends, and it's made a jump in quality.
    I use the pull-ups a fair bit when going out and the comfort, capacity and fit have all improved.
    Discrete enough to wear under regular clothes, too.
    Don't you mean Attends?

  7. #7

  8. #8

    Default

    On a few occasions, I have also tested their super dry range,size 6. They stretch reasonably well but the tabs are not very good in terms of quality...

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ptisimba View Post
    I've never come across them, that must be a recent change.
    Any chance someone has got some pictures of the all-in-one Boots nappy?
    yep:
    Attachment 8506
    Attachment 8507
    Attachment 8508
    Attachment 8509

    as you can see, they're not as depicted on the packaging nor are they 'designed for maximum security and performance' as is claimed on the back of the packet (we all know that the '10' variants of Attends are the 'maximum' of that brand, for starters).
    so, aside from the breaches of The Trade Descriptions Act, are they worth buying?
    only if you're desperate. like all the Attends of this type, they have the annoying velcro that digs into your hip (something they have been told about since they brought out this design) and they leak due to the improper fitting resulting from the design (again, something they have been told about since first bringing them to market).

    the product 'revamp' seems more like a last-ditch attempt by two losers (Boots and Attends) to gain a few sales. and, apart from Boots' flouting of law (as per above), it smacks of treasonous activity on their part for their allying themselves with a foreign company, to the detriment of British manufacturers.

    considering the limited availability of the 'nappy' type, it's probably as best to just put a bit more effort into searching your locale for a proper supplier/seller of incontinence goods.

    le fin.
    Last edited by ade; 21-Apr-2012 at 21:15.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    as you can see, they're not as depicted on the packaging nor are they 'designed for maximum security and performance' as is claimed on the back of the packet (we all know that the '10' variants of Attends are the 'maximum' of that brand, for starters).
    so, aside from the breaches of The Trade Descriptions Act, are they worth buying?
    only if you're desperate. like all the Attends of this type, they have the annoying velcro that digs into your hip (something they have been told about since they brought out this design) and they leak due to the improper fitting resulting from the design (again, something they have been told about since first bringing them to market).

    the product 'revamp' seems more like a last-ditch attempt by two losers (Boots and Attends) to gain a few sales. and, apart from Boots' flouting of law (as per above), it smacks of treasonous activity on their part for their allying themselves with a foreign company, to the detriment of British manufacturers.
    .
    I have to say that I disagree.
    They say 'designed for maximum security and performance' and for the Boots brand, they are. Every different brand has a different level for 'maximum', remember..
    I haven't had any problems with the velcro digging into me.
    I haven't had any leaks, but do not try to 'max out' wetting before changing.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-Aug-2010, 21:51
  2. Boots
    By leicesterfan in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 15-Jun-2009, 17:45
  3. Hello from Boots
    By Boots in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-Mar-2008, 05:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.