Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone try hospital diapers? what kind where they? how did they hold up?

Default anyone try hospital diapers? what kind where they? how did they hold up?

I've tried some I work at a hospital so they are everywhere. They only hold one good wetting. Also they are unmarked in clear bags.

I too work at a hospital, and the diapers we have there aren't any good. They're blue or white (depending on the size), and come in clear packaging. They're not at all comfortable to wear, and they won't hold very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Exor View Post
    I too work at a hospital, and the diapers we have there aren't any good. They're blue or white (depending on the size), and come in clear packaging. They're not at all comfortable to wear, and they won't hold very much.
    Makes you wonder how the staff feels on leaks. I'm sure there are a few.

Why don't they use any real brands like Molicare or Tena or ATN Tranquality? I bet the diapers we have now came from the hospital because they suck and feel like nothing and are uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
    Makes you wonder how the staff feels on leaks. I'm sure there are a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Why don't they use any real brands like Molicare or Tena or ATN Tranquality? I bet the diapers we have now came from the hospital because they suck and feel like nothing and are uncomfortable.
    Probably because these diapers they have are cheap as hell. The ones at my hospital seem to be a lot like the "Assure" brand available on ABUniverse, except they have even less features (no extra-absorbent blue zone in the middle, no dual-tapes), so they can probably buy a whole pack of them for a couple bucks in bulk quantity.

The diapers we have hardly absorb and they leak quickly after a few wettings and it's only wet in the middle. I am thinking about getting rid of them at a yard sale when we get a house and that is if we have a yard sale if the house we get still has junk in it. I got them at value Village and they were in clear plastic. I guess patients would have to bring in their own diapers or have their family members bring them their diapers for the staff to use on them.

I know here in the uk in the nhs they tend to use branded products such as molicare, tena and attends.

I live in the western suburbs of Toronto. I've been in two of our local hospitals, both of which use Tena Ultra diapers.

Butterfly Mage

About 6-7 years ago, one of my friends was in the hospital for a week. He had to wear diapers during that time and I remember thinking "gee, they look really skimpy and uncomfortable."

About 5 years ago when I was put into a rehab hospital they had really cheap diapers .My nurse called my wife to bring my own supply from home
    so I didn't soak the wheelchair seat or pants