Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cabin in the Woods - SPOILERS!!! TURN BACK!!!

Default The Cabin in the Woods - SPOILERS!!! TURN BACK!!!

I want to talk about this film so bad but first I just have to say if you're reading this AND you haven't seen this movie yet, get the hell out of this post. I'm doing you a huge favor and you're just gonna have to trust me on that.

D
    O

N
    O
    T

R
    E
    A
    D
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    Y
    E
    S

Y
    O
    U
    !
    !
    !

So first off I have to get out of the obligatory HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!

Okay. Semi calm now.

I am such a whore for horror flicks, the list of movies I have seen is insane. THIS was a horror fan's wet dream as a good friend stated. It had everything I could possibly want. The dialogue was very entertaining. I felt like I was watching the beauty that is the Evil Dead Series, some Rat Race movie with the whole crazy people betting on everything with funny as hell dialogue ...two main operators are such good characters. I also got a Thirteen Ghosts vibe from it too.

I loved the fact that every time I thought what was gonna happen, didn't. I seriously got worried when people were dying too fast. I didn't want the whole movie to be about the crazy mutant zombies and it wasn't! Man what a fun twist. I saw a huge fuckin spider in one of those cells too, so glad we didn't see a close up of that thing in action ...I would of been terrified for life. The clown kill I especially found amusing too, I can go on and on and on with all my favorite kill scenes because this movie is bursting out the fucking brim with em'! For that reason alone I'm tempted to go again and see it on the IMAX screen to get a bigger view of the all different monitors.

I'm also glad that my friend I brought along was not let down by my pressuring to go with me. He actually thanked me. Love those vibes.

One last thing I want to add. I think it's true what people are saying about how this movie really set the bar in terms of horror. It's going to be really interesting and exciting to see someone try to top this. Dare I say it too, I think this is my favorite horror flick of all time. The whole point of a good movie is be entertained and I have to admit that they delivered just that.

Hmmm...seems like I'm going to have to see this one! I'm a member of the "True Horror Fans" group on Facebook and there's been a lot of talk about this movie there, too! And the general consensus is "It's a MUST see!"
    Now I just need to find another horror fan to go with me! (Going to the movies alone is just weird! LOL)

I loved this movie! It was seriously incredible! The dialogue, like you said, was fantastic. The twists were insane. I love how it was almost like a video game, you make a choice and something happens. The only thing that kinda bugged me was the ending.

SPOILER ALERT

But yeah. Overall, very impressive movie.

Thanks for making this thread. I was aware of this movie and had made a mental note to see it but even with Joss Whedon being involved, it wasn't more than a vague plan. Might have been theater, might have been DVD. I have pretty carefully avoided spoilers and I didn't read this threat other than the title and the warning to stop at the top, so it was really your enthusiasm that sold it and you hadn't steered me wrong, so I went this afternoon. What fun!

I'm not much of fan of stereotypical horror movies, so I'm hoping that this one can at least act to discourage a few down the road and maybe encourage something a bit more fun and creative. I'll be looking forward to this one on DVD for some closer review of scenes.

I want to see this morning, I did not read your post but scrolled down to the bottom fast cause i just wanted to THANK YOU for having the BIG "spoiler" warning plus that big space on the thread so people can't see it yet. To often people forget to say "spoiler" and people end up reading then getting angry cause the book or movie was ruined for them. So again, THANKS for the spoiler warning Now to wait till it comes on DVD (or blu ray) so I can watch it with the Closed Caption (I'm deaf)

I saw the movie yesterday and I loved it. I didn't notice the spider thing thank god.

However I did love the

As for the ending

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    As for the ending
    I was also glad to see that the movie was apparently sequel-proof. In this interview, the director joked about getting Guillermo del Toro to do the sequel, which is about the only way it would make any sense...
    Just joking, luckily.

I absolutely loved this film, and I did not have high expectations when I went in. It is certainly not your typical horror film... in fact I've been describing it to be more as a dark comedy than a scary movie. Considering I am not a fan of horror, I really enjoyed what I watched. Many laugh-out-load moments.

Watching it again today. Love those moments when friends call you up out and blue and invite you to a movie only to find out they've never seen it. Looks like I'm bringing three flesh victims to a hell of a flick. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by statik View Post
    Watching it again today. Love those moments when friends call you up out and blue and invite you to a movie only to find out they've never seen it. Looks like I'm bringing three flesh victims to a hell of a flick. Good times.
    Its not playing here at the movie theater I go to. But yesterday seeing the advengers with my friends they had a booth in front with a wheel. you spin it for a dollar donation to some children's thing. I was "Can I just give you a dollar and take a cabin in the woods poster." And thats exactly what happened.

It's not a very large poster, and I folded it into 4ths. But yeah, doesn't really matter as long as I have one now.