Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about 2012?

BLMProductions

Default What do you think about 2012?

I am curious as to what everyone believes about the world ending this year. Personally I am neutral on the topic, if the world ends well i guess ill go with it and if not then not. I've seen a lot of evidence for it and against it and like i said, i am totally neutral, though i hope the world doesnt end....

From the title of this tread I thought it was about 2012 culture but I was mistaken. I dont think there is any greater chance of the earth ending this year than there has been any other year.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxracer529 View Post
    I am curious as to what everyone believes about the world ending this year. Personally I am neutral on the topic, if the world ends well i guess ill go with it and if not then not. I've seen a lot of evidence for it and against it and like i said, i am totally neutral, though i hope the world doesnt end....
    unless your refering to fake evidence or stuff that have a 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000001% chance of happening, I'd called bullshit on that evidence. Either the world is going to be destroyed or it isn't there's no maybe's or half's to it. If it was known the world was going to end at any point within the next 10-50 years with 100% certainty then society would rapidly break down. the fact that it hasn't yet only proves to me no one knows jack shit on when the world will die or even when 3% of the world population will die.

Note: im not calling bullshit on you TC. I'm calling bullshit on the ' evidence" you've heard that supports the world end on whatever stupid date they are trying to pick.

This is coming from a Physics.

A) The Geomagnetic Field Reversal Idea: they predict that Earths magnetic field (it protects us from alot of solar radiation, and it does flip but between long periods) will flip in December 2012. Why is this crap? Well for starters it's a Chaotic System meaning that it can not be predicted the best we could do is give a rough estimate (like between 2012 and 2030, not within a fucking month). Also, to this day the mechanism for how they reverse is unknown, theres a lot of good ideas but its kinda hard when you can only experiment between 1000 year intervals.

B) The Myans. Why is this crap? Well these are the people that thought the sun rose because of human sacrifice, so their not that creditable. Also they did predict an end date of the world its just when you have something that big you make a temple for it, not abruptly end a calendar. Finally, what were their actual predictions; famine and war, you know how easy it is to predict famine and war?

EmeraldsAndLime

Won't happen.

Which is disappointing.

Well yes all the shit that they have been saying will not happen.

However they may be an economic crash, that is the most likely one. Thankfully the consept of money only exists because we as a society allow it to exist.

Mayan calendar didn't note for leap years, therefore the actual thing ended sometime in 2013 if I recall correctly. Mayan's have zero way of knowing what's going to happen centuries later and on what exact date. Basically, not going to happen; it's all hyped up trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxracer529 View Post
    Citations from the peer-reviewed literature?

Well, so far 2012 has been not so bad. Actually, it's been so bad. SO BAD! But, only because it's been winter the whole time, and it's only just now starting to look like spring. All green and everything. I bet that it won't end before I'm legally allowed to drink alcohol here in America, because that isn't how it works, so I guess that debunks all of those conspiracy theories!

Ryga

The world could end at any second if you think about it. I don't believe that the world will end any time soon though especially just because the Mayan calender ends on 12-21-12, seriously who comes up with this stuff? I've had tons of calenders and if I said that because my calender ended on Decmember 31st that the world was going to end then everyone would think I'm crazy but because some "scientists" said the world will end then it must be true. Of course I know only as much as everyone else so I could be wrong.