Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I thought I saw it all till this. . .

Cherub

Default I thought I saw it all till this. . .

LFL = Lingerie Football League

That's right, and no it's not a typo. There really is such a thing. As usual, after checking my yahoo mail I browse the news articles and came across this. I laughed when I read about it. As my thread title says: I thought I saw it all till I found about about this. I don't think I will dare to ask what other sports are out there that are perhaps just as unknown, LOL.

teddybear206

fowling = football+bowling

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    LFL = Lingerie Football League

That's right, and no it's not a typo. There really is such a thing. As usual, after checking my yahoo mail I browse the news articles and came across this. I laughed when I read about it. As my thread title says: I thought I saw it all till I found about about this. I don't think I will dare to ask what other sports are out there that are perhaps just as unknown, LOL.
    Now THERE'S a sport that's just begging for TV coverage.

I heard of this a few years back. The point of the league is essentially so they can hold the "bras and panties bowl" during the Super Bowl half time show. Its nearly as silly as Animal Planet's Super Bowl half time show, the Puppy Bowl (yes, it is a real thing).

As far as weird sports go I say you can make better. I would mention Biathlon (skiing and cross country skiing), but I'm a fan if said sport so I won't make a case for it being odd. I will however make a case for Chess Boxing, a sport where the competitors alternate between rounds of chess and boxing with a victory obtained by checkmate, knockout, a judges decision or one's clock running out. There is also Nordic Combined, a sport that combines Ski Jumping and Cross Country Skiing, probably because Norway wanted to win more medals at the winter Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    Too bad HBO doesn't have a sports channel...
    I've seen (non-sparing) sports on HBO before. They organized a made for TV no-advantage tennis micro tournament with the two Williams, Jancovic and Ivanovic. It was surprisingly tame.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    I will however make a case for Chess Boxing, a sport where the competitors alternate between rounds of chess and boxing with a victory obtained by checkmate, knockout, a judges decision or one's clock running out.
    I heard about this a week or two ago, when some friends were discussing it. It sounds interesting, because the combination of skills one must have to succeed is rather eclectic. Of course, I'd think that being a better boxer would matter more than being a good chess player.

aww I like the puppy bowl!!! I think it's cute as for weird sports theres also frisbee golf (where you must hit a target with a frisbee in as few throws as possible) and competition thumb wrestling :p also if you've ever seen chess boxing, they don't really know how to play chess, they just rely on being able to punch the crap out of each other in between chess rounds

MrProngs

well there was a round of men vs women rugby in NZ when a try was scored each member of the team had to remove an item of clothing.

The men won by a large margine.