Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The time has come for me to get REAL diapers.

Default The time has come for me to get REAL diapers.

Until now I have only ever used Pullups and Goodnites but I've decided that I am going to purchase real Diapers as soon as possible. But first I need some advice. I hear that Pampers Cruisers size 7 are ideal but that they are also quite rare. If I go to the store tomorrow and they are not there, would size 6 fit me? I am very skinny, I can fit into the jumbo pullups without them ripping however they are slightly uncomfortable as far as the tightness is concerned which is why I switched to goodnites. But I want something with tape up sides and the baby cartoon designs so it will be a real diaper. What would you, the AB/TB/DL community recommend for me? I weigh roughly 124 pounds, and am quite skinny.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Tykko View Post
    Until now I have only ever used Pullups and Goodnites but I've decided that I am going to purchase real Diapers
    AWESOME! good call! Good decision!

I hear that Pampers Cruisers size 7 are ideal but that they are also quite rare.
    *Face palm* I thought you said you were going to get real diapers??

I am very skinny, I can fit into the jumbo pullups without them ripping however they are slightly uncomfortable as far as the tightness is concerned
    If you are going to switch, that is why you need to switch to proper fitting diapers. Like,,,,adult sized diapers.

But I want something with tape up sides. . . . so it will be a real diaper.
    Adult Diapers have those

What would you, the AB/TB/DL community recommend for me? I weigh roughly 124 pounds, and am quite skinny.
    It has been said on here before, and since you are asking I will repeat it. There is a big difference between being able to squeeze into a pull-up or diaper, and a diaper that actually fits you. If you have decided to switch up to a, as you said, "real diaper", then you need to switch to a diaper that will fit you, rather than you trying to fit into it. Trust me, once you find the right one, the experience becomes amazing!!!!

To that, if you are able, I would recommend a variety pack. They are cheaper than a usual package of diaper, and you get to try out multiple brands at the time.

If you can not order sample variety packs, then try the adult diapers in stores and try using the pull-ups or baby diapers ans suffers or boosters.

go for adult diapers, but not Depends. you can always say you are getting them for your grandma if anyone asks

Most store bought adult diapers will suck. So if at possible just call pharmacy's or medical supply stores and ask if they carry adult diapers and what brands. If you can't do that order online. Xp medical, bambino, dry 24-7 would be the places I recommend. If you but quality adult diapers though pull-ups, baby diapers will becoming stuffers at best and will NEVER compare to good adult ones EVER.

Bambino's IMHO are the best i've tried. They market directly to DL/AB's and know good diapers when they see it.

Also if you can't afford good adult diapers, trust me save your money and buy when you can.

Will pampers cruisers really not work?
    i don't know about you but they would not work for me, because i am a heavy pee-er they would be cuter then an adult diaper but they would have a high chance of leaking. diapers meant for baby's and pull ups meant for young kids, the size difference may be a bit different then you are used to with the pull ups. you can try them and if they dont work just use them as booster pads with adult diapers.

Buy Pampers cruisers size 6/7, or pampers baby dry size 6. They'll "fit" you if you stretch them out before you put them on, you will get a feel for how much to stretch them out.

Well, Pampers size 7 costs 10 bucks give or take. I guess if you want to make a risk to get them just to see if they fit well go ahead. They won't fit like the pull-ups because they are actually smaller. I can understand your frustration with adult diapers because you are on a small end. Bambino nor ABU sell small size diapers. I think that Bambino used to but they discontinued them. Medium Bambino's fit on the small end. So you never know, they may fit.

If you check my profile album you can sorta gauge whether you think Pampers size 6 will fit you. It was very close but they did fit me if put on exactly right and they don't feel too tight or stretched.
    I'm like you in that I prefer the cute looking baby style ones over the adult diapers.
    Last edited by Neoka; 14-Apr-2012 at 16:07.