Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depend underwear for men and chaffing

Default Depend underwear for men and chaffing

Not sure what to do I am currently wearind depend underwear for men large Super plus and I get chaffing all the time to the point it hurts to walk.

I have also tried Tena pants as well but still get chaffing well that's two brands that are easily accessible in Australia?

Also I have to keep pulling them up all the time are these issues the same with all pull ups?

Also with the depend when I pull them up after using the toilet they feel wet against the crotch area.
    Last edited by tomcat; 13-Apr-2012 at 09:28.

For starters, if it hurts, especially if others have not, you should certainly discontinue use.

I'm sure that there is lotion you can purchase for chaffing. Look into it. Maybe they can be used together.

Oh my. Chaffing is a right pain. To me, I think, it's was due lack of walking around a lot while wearing. There are creams out there to sooth out the pain so best ask your local chemist to find out more about the product.

As for me, I didn't invest to such product as I didn't research about it but it soon stopped as I started to do more walking and wearing more but the was a few years ago when I was wearing every time I went out due to some sort of problem.
    All that has stopped now thankfully.

Chafing has been a serious issue for me with all "cloth-backed" products. Whether it's pull-up "underwear" or cloth-backed briefs, my thighs get rubbed raw. Someone once told me the fake cloth on the outside of these products is a lot like very fine-grain sandpaper.

The solution for me is to wear only plastic-backed briefs. There are many brands (Molicare, Abena Abri-Form, Bambino, Tranquility) but I can only get them through online ordering. Sometimes I also have to use a diaper rash or barrier cream where the edge of the diaper meets the skin. A higher-absorbency product, while less discreet, will be much better for your skin and body. Better to wear slightly baggy clothes over a larger diaper than to deal with rash, chafing, and discomfort.

Essentially, Depends are junk if you need them for daily, full-time use. They WILL cause rashes and chafing unless you change them every time they are slightly damp. They also cause excessive perspiration, and that's probably why yours feels damp.

Hope this helps!

funseeker

Sounds like an adjustable brief with tabs may work better for you. The underwear never has worked for me as you can not adjust it to your specific size needs.

Just to add my two pennyworth -just as not all pull up pants are the same (and I agree a lot have problems) not all taped diaper's are the same and it is well worth getting samples and trying out all the options as you will probably find something that is comfortable and suits your needs - there is nothing worse (well that's an exaggeration but you know what I mean) than buying a big box of something that is uncomfortable or leaks.

When I tried the depend underwear for men I had the same issue when I was out and walking around, after a short time I would get chaffing and be very uncomfortable, I had tried extra powder or barrier creams and though they helped it was still an issue with the depends pull ups. I would definitely recommend trying a few different samples of different pull ups if you seem to be having issues with the depends ones. I have found that a plastic backed brief like abena 1-4, molicare or even cheaper cloth backed briefs seemed to work better and chafe less then the depends pull ups.

Quote Originally Posted by BachBrahms View Post
    Chafing has been a serious issue for me with all "cloth-backed" products. Whether it's pull-up "underwear" or cloth-backed briefs, my thighs get rubbed raw. Someone once told me the fake cloth on the outside of these products is a lot like very fine-grain sandpaper.

The solution for me is to wear only plastic-backed briefs. There are many brands (Molicare, Abena Abri-Form, Bambino, Tranquility) but I can only get them through online ordering. Sometimes I also have to use a diaper rash or barrier cream where the edge of the diaper meets the skin. A higher-absorbency product, while less discreet, will be much better for your skin and body. Better to wear slightly baggy clothes over a larger diaper than to deal with rash, chafing, and discomfort.

Essentially, Depends are junk if you need them for daily, full-time use. They WILL cause rashes and chafing unless you change them every time they are slightly damp. They also cause excessive perspiration, and that's probably why yours feels damp.

Hope this helps!
    I have tried all brands of the Depend underwear and I have the chafing issues all the time ... I even tried the new ones that came out and they are worse than the others ... it's better to forget pull-ups and underwear altogether and stick with diapers (my choice are the Bambinos) ... at least you won't get the chafing issue with the padding

You can buy plastic backed adult nappies from any nappyland store they are better to stop nappy rash than cloth backed I use bepanthem cream for nappy rash

Have you tried baby powder that is meant to stop chaffing?