Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend with the parents

Default Weekend with the parents

A weekend with the parents - Not much of a chance to be little. Meh

....but with a little luck I might be able to retrieve my favorite cuddly toy rabbit - pretty much the only one I ever had

Time for a rummage in the roof I think!

Lucky you its just for the weekend. I have mine here nearly every weekend

Have fun!

I've got a week of it but I'm being taken to Drayton Manor for my trouble ^_^ I'm going to have to suppress my little a lot while I'm there

Quote Originally Posted by DylanK View Post
    I've got a week of it but I'm being taken to Drayton Manor for my trouble ^_^ I'm going to have to suppress my little a lot while I'm there
    This being "The UK's best family theme park with kids rides, family fun, zoo, and thrill rides".....I feel you might be a bit big for the kids rides Good luck with the weather - April is chancing it a bit for a theme park!

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:43 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by abjimbob86 View Post
    Lucky you its just for the weekend. I have mine here nearly every weekend

Have fun!
    I'm pretty close to mine but I'm not sure we could do every weekend!

It was sunny here in stoke on trent today, and the forecast is more of the same so it might be worth the risk. I have been there before as a preteen so I know most of the 'kiddy' rides are parent toddler rides so if I wanted they'd happily take me round but I'm not sure my mum would like the idea of having a big toddler for the day especially as I haven't told her and don't plan on telling her I'm AB/DL also the petting zoo I could spend hours in there lost as either a fur or a little ^_^

You could have gone to Alton Towers if you were in Stoke

I didn't spot you were a fur - The petting zoo would be right up your street, but you might get some odd looks!

Yeah but Alton towers is 42 a ticket Drayton Manor is 22 (or 18 with a little help from some coupons we found) also I go to Alton Towers most summers so this will be a little different.

I keep thinking Alton Towers might be a good AB/DL trip out but I need to have money before I can consider organising a meet there... I'd want to at least be able to afford to stay a few nights in the hotel so I don't have to involve my parents, not easy with no job. But I'll see what Drayton Manor is like if it's good then it might be a cheaper alternative and I still like the idea of going to legoland hmmmmm... Maybe these are discussions for the EC+ forum when I've worked out how much I'm willing to spend.

You should go to Legoland, I've been atleast 25 times (my parents used to take me every year once or twice) and I'm still not bored of it.
    They've also just recently opened the Legoland hotel and all the bedrooms are themed (either pirates, adventure or kingdom themed) and look epic.

You should also try Chessington World of Adventures if you haven't been before.
    They have my favourite ride there which involves an indoor version of the rapids where the entire room is raining water but the water doesn't appear to be moving (due to lighting effects). :3

Never been to the UK Legoland - I went to the Danish one when I was 8 and remember it was soooo cool. especially the driving school with little cars!

LegoLand is now on the to do list, as is Jodrell Bank Observitory and Drayton Manor again. DM seems very little friendly but as an ab/dl group we might have to arrange a date during term time it gets full of kids and parents otherwise *goes away and thinks* ^_^