Thread: Why this shame?

Default Why this shame?

I have just gone to the store with my boyfriend and he bought me some diapers, and when I got to his house, I saw my blakie and paci sitting on the couch where I left them. As I looked at my baby items, I felt this shame at having baby things start to come on. I have no reason for being ashamed, so why am I? I absolutly love my baby things, so I am very confused.

oh dear you have no reason to be ashamed, none at all!!

This is just a guess, but when you're out with your bf you're in a totally "adult" frame of mind (physical attraction etc etc etc) which is pretty much the exact opposite of the mindset you would be in if you were in your "little" frame of mind.

I think I saw in another thread that these are things your bf brought for you to keep at his house? IS this the first time you've involved him in your little side?

I won't say I'm any expert on why, so this is purely conjecture. My guess is it is mostly societal pressure sinking in, we are shamed of that side because it isn't what is normal in our society. One could argue it is in our nature to want to "blend in" with the people around us, and thus when we are doing something against that basic nature, it causes us to feel ashamed of it. I can't prove that or anything, but just my opinion *shrugs*

Well, this is my two cents. Your boyfriend has done something extremely nice and he's extremely accepting. If I was to think this through, he's done this extremely nice thing for you and you think that you're not providing enough in return. From what I've seen, this is a very common feeling in some relationships. It's the "you're too good for me" thing (which is a completely absurd idea imo). You probably just need to surprise him or do something in return and you'll feel fine soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by icyfire View Post
    oh dear you have no reason to be ashamed, none at all!!

This is just a guess, but when you're out with your bf you're in a totally "adult" frame of mind (physical attraction etc etc etc) which is pretty much the exact opposite of the mindset you would be in if you were in your "little" frame of mind.

I think I saw in another thread that these are things your bf brought for you to keep at his house? IS this the first time you've involved him in your little side?
    It's the first time I have involved anyone in my little side, including myself. My family has always told me that I need to grow up and start acting my age, and so I have always repressed my little side. When I found this community, I started embracing my little side. Trouble is, my family still has a big influence on me since we are very close, and it hurts that I cannot share this with anybody in my family except my sister, whom I have told today.

I totally know how you feel babyjasmine. My family still has a big influence on me also, it it hurts not to be able to share this part of my life in anyway. They would freak out! However, just remember we are here for you, along with what seems to be a great Boy Friend.
    Last edited by CrinkleARJ; 12-Apr-2012 at 21:09.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjasmine View Post
    It's the first time I have involved anyone in my little side, including myself. My family has always told me that I need to grow up and start acting my age, and so I have always repressed my little side. When I found this community, I started embracing my little side. Trouble is, my family still has a big influence on me since we are very close, and it hurts that I cannot share this with anybody in my family except my sister, whom I have told today.
    Sounds like you're really opening yourself up, and that's cool. how did you sister take it?. I don't think I could ever tell my family but I would love to be able to tell my wife someday.

[Should add - Not that I've been hiding it - My last foray into my ABDL side was close on 15 years ago when I was at school. After getting caught I think I decided it was strange and repressed it until I stumbled onto this site and realized it was OK. Anyway I'm going hold off talking until I work out how important my little side is going to be to me going forward (It's been 10 years for her so I think I owe it to her to be precise!)]

I to took a 10 year break (although every once in a while I would sneak a quick diaper (on less then a half hour). I was just to afraid of getting caught. Now I realize that, no matter how hard I try, this this just who I am.

Thank you all for your support! I couldn't get through all of this without all of you! You guys are amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by CrinkleAR1Jeff View Post
    I to took a 10 year break (although every once in a while I would sneak a quick diaper (on less then a half hour). I was just to afraid of getting caught. Now I realize that, no matter how hard I try, this this just who I am.
    How did you deal with the "getting caught" worries?. I'm wondering if this is going to apply to me too, but I guess I'm going to have to find out just how much it means to me?