Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever Feel Like Situations Involving Diapers and Baby Stuff Happens More Often to You

Default Ever Feel Like Situations Involving Diapers and Baby Stuff Happens More Often to You

These things are all going to sound coincidental and, in a way, they are. I am overly sensitive to them. However, I've often been amazed at the seemingly random stuff that has happened in my life with respect to diapers and being babyish. Without searching them out, they have found me. Or, more likely, I have just noticed them. These are just a few examples:

When I was 5 going on 6, a family moved next door to us. The boy next door was just a few months younger than me and still diapered full time. My parents sent us over there many times to be babysat.

When I was 20, my family was playing a board game during Christmas. I picked a card that said I had to be diapered by another player. My cousin pinned a cloth towel on me (over my pants). I played the rest of the game like that. No one else ever chose this card. I still don't know what game that was.

There was a billboard that went up at the entrance to the street leading to the first house we bought. It went up right after we bought the house. It showed a large picture of a wet diaper slipping off a baby and had a slogan about leaks that could not be fixed (A plumbing company rented the space). The billboard was taken down shortly after we moved.

Anyone else notice these things?

Yes - I'm the same. The more I get into my AB/DL side the more events I remember from when I was much younger.

Like when I was 8ish finding an old baby stroller and convincing my dad to take it home so I could use the wheels to make a go-kart, but then sitting in it (with the harness done up and everything) and feeling so contented.

its all aboput how sensitive you become when noticing things that have a personal connection when I was diagnosed with Guillian Barre I had never heard of it now it seems to feature in every medical drama on a regular basis.......spooky or am i just noticing it more??

When you see the world a certain way then you see things hat pertain to your way of viewing the world. Like I am sure hundreds of people just never noticed that sign because they don't care about diapers. You do though so it became a bigger deal. It's like a circle of perception.

The more you obsess about things the more you'll notice them. The only interesting thing is about the kid slightly younger then you and still being in diapers. Also I assume your parents didn't send you over to babysit him since as you said you were barely any older then him.

I was at REI recently and went to ask a question about a canoe I had recently purchased. I went up to the sales guy and said, "I have a question about a canoe." He replied, completely out of the blue,"Forget the diaper, just pee in the canoe. Does that answer your question?" Talk about random!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    The more you obsess about things the more you'll notice them. The only interesting thing is about the kid slightly younger then you and still being in diapers. Also I assume your parents didn't send you over to babysit him since as you said you were barely any older then him.
    I agree. Circumstance and focus on your point of interest, but the things I've noticed are interesting examples. In the case of my neighbor, his parents were babysitting all of us. They obviously had a much different take on toilet training than my parents did. I still had regular accidents at that age, but instead of given the choice of diapers, I was punished for it.

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:24 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by closet dl View Post
    I was at REI recently and went to ask a question about a canoe I had recently purchased. I went up to the sales guy and said, "I have a question about a canoe." He replied, completely out of the blue,"Forget the diaper, just pee in the canoe. Does that answer your question?" Talk about random!
    It sounds like he noticed you were diapered?? It's funny because I've done the same thing from kayaks up to much larger boats, meaning just peed my board shorts instead of being diapered.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    I agree. Circumstance and focus on your point of interest, but the things I've noticed are interesting examples. In the case of my neighbor, his parents were babysitting all of us. They obviously had a much different take on toilet training than my parents did. I still had regular accidents at that age, but instead of given the choice of diapers, I was punished for it.
    Oh I read it wrong. I thought you said your parents sent you (and likely siblings) to go over and babysit for the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:24 ----------

It sounds like he noticed you were diapered?? It's funny because I've done the same thing from kayaks up to much larger boats, meaning just peed my board shorts instead of being diapered.
    Actually, I wasn't diapered! He just said it out of the blue!

Interesting thread, it's neat to hear peoples' story. I do agree with what others have pointed out though, it's not that you experience more of these situations than the next person, it's just that you notice everything and remember it, whereas the average person remains largely oblivious. It's all about your focus and how you see things.

I have a few like that...once when I was a young lad of maybe 5 or 6, I was out in the woods with my dad who was cutting firewood..well it was the dead of winter so it was really cold and I was all bundled up in my snowsuit. No diaper though, I had been potty trained for a couple of years. Well at some point I felt that I needed to poop, so I told my dad. His response took me totally off guard...he told me casually, "Just go in your pants, mom will take care of it when we get home." At first I didn't believe it (both my parents were very strict during my potty training), but then I realized that he was serious, and not being mean or sarcastic, I guess he just didn't care to deal with the hassle at that time, so this was a real option and a solution to the problem! Long story short, I did NOT end up with full pants, somehow I held it because my conditioning just wouldn't allow me to go through with it. It was just unthinkable to me to go in my pants back then, even though I had been given a free pass. (My mom probably wouldn't have been happy either!)

Another one that stands out...as a young teen I used to ride my bicyclee a lot for miles. Well I normally wore jeans and my butt would get sweaty and sweat would soak through in the back. I mentioned this to my mom and out of the blue she says "I can bring you home some of those adult diapers..." again, I thought she was messing with me, but then I realized she really would have done it. I just told her "No way, I'm not wearing diapers!" although down inside I really wanted to. I was a typical self-conscious teen and I was far too worried that my friends would find out to take her up on it. In hindsight, of course I missed the perfect opportunity that many of us dreamed about as kids, our parents allowing us to wear,and even buying the diapers! It's probably for the better though, because no doubt all hell would have broken loose the first time she would have caught me in a wet diaper in my room or something.

One more (shorter story)...MUCH later, in my 20's, I was at work and a female coworker of mine came up to me out of the blue to tell me the whole Lisa Nowak astronaut story, then when she got to the part about the diaper, she made a really big deal about it and went on to talk about adult diapers and how crazy it was to wear one, etc. I found it pretty ironic.

in short: yes we all have experiences like these; we take extra notice of them because we are "tuned in" to such events.