Thread: Bambino Diaper Question

Default Bambino Diaper Question

First, I am very new hear, but I am very glad to have joined.

Anyway, my question is about Bambino's Bellissimo specificity (as they are advertised as their thickest), and Bambino's in general. I was thinking of ordering some. However, I was wondering if anyone could compare them to the Dry 24/7's, especially in thickness, or in absences of that, against the Attends Extended wear

I recently tried the Dry 24/7's and fell in love with them immediately, mainly due to the feel (i.e. I'm a think diaper kinda guy) and the amount of absorbancy. I had been using Depends (out of necessity) and in the last six months started using Attends Extended wear. However, the first time I put on he Dry 24/7's, I almost wet myself right then, without taping them up, just because of the feel. They fit me like I remember my diapers as a little kid fit me.

I love the look of the Bambino's brands. If I had my way, I would get a diaper with the Bambino's prints with the feel of the Dry 24/7's. However, I don't have a point of reference to the feel of the Bambino's products. For all I know they are just a thick and feel the same as the Dry 24/7's.

Cushiebabe

I know from experience that Bambino diapers are very absorbent. Never leak! (Also, Bambino Diapers sells boosters)

We do have diaper review articles (Blessimo is what you're looking for) and while none of them directly compare Dry 24/7 to Bambino, reading multiple articles will give you an idea of what to expect from each.

Note: Looking through the articles section, nobody has actually reviewed either Bambino classic or bianco to date...
    Last edited by Entity; 11-Apr-2012 at 16:27. Reason: insert link

for some reason many people don't know this but Bambinos are just secure X plus with abdl prints on them. i am not %100 positive on that but that is what i have heard over the years. X-Plus Adult Taped Briefs : Secure Personal Care as for dry 24/7 they are the best out there so far. for the price and for how much they can hold. just look at this page for review Adult Diaper Review and Testing you well see that dry 24/7 is at the top.

Yes I saw the "Adult Diaper Review and Testing" and that is why I started wearing the Dry 24/7's. However, again, I like the look of the Bambino line, but the are not listed. Nor are the X-Plus Adult Taped Briefs. I guess I will have to buy the sample pack and see.
    Last edited by CrinkleARJ; 11-Apr-2012 at 17:22.

wearing a belissimo at the moment, and I can tell you from experience, it is as thick as a dry 24/7 and can hold just as much. i would venture to say the belissimo is one of the most absorbent, and wide diapers i have ever had the pleasure of wearing. cant put my knees together.

Thank you aydensboy. You have the info I was looking for. I am defiantly gonna try the Belissimo's now. The "wide diapers" and "cant put my knees together" feeling is what I like. I'm not sure how much of an "Adult Baby" I am, but I do like the idea of getting a cute "baby diaper" to try. I would be willing to give up a "little" absorbency, but not any more then the Attends Extended wear. I haven't been able to use anything but "Depends" for a long time (I was to afraid to mail order any), so when I was able to get some Attends Extended wear I was much happier.

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

I need to ask you a follow up question. I realize this is different for every person, but with belissimo can you tell me how wide in the back they are. Some diapers, like depends, go almost straight up the back, but with Dry 24/7's it spreads out more, so on me at least, it covers about 2/3 of each cheek. This is also something I liked alot with Dry 24/7's. It fit me more like what I remember, instead of a diaper up the back side, so to speak.
    Last edited by CrinkleARJ; 11-Apr-2012 at 20:05.

definitly thinner than Dry24/7, but very absorbent. I ordered a sample of the belissimos and tried to get them to leak. I failed.
    They are definitly worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty3 View Post
    for some reason many people don't know this but Bambinos are just secure X plus with abdl prints on them. i am not %100 positive on that but that is what i have heard over the years. X-Plus Adult Taped Briefs : Secure Personal Care as for dry 24/7 they are the best out there so far. for the price and for how much they can hold. just look at this page for review Adult Diaper Review and Testing you well see that dry 24/7 is at the top.
    I've never ordered secure-x. but looking at the picture they don't look too similar to say, the bianco. Their picture for example, shows no front elastic. All of bambino's diapers have rear AND front elastic. Or is their picture wrong? What are their leak guards like? One thing I really like about the belissimo is they have very tall leak guards.

I compared prices and the secure-x larges were identical in quantity and cost to the bambino bianco larges.

---------- Post added at 07:47 ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CrinkleAR1Jeff View Post
    [/COLOR]I need to ask you a follow up question. I realize this is different for every person, but with belissimo can you tell me how wide in the back they are. Some diapers, like depends, go almost straight up the back, but with Dry 24/7's it spreads out more, so on me at least, it covers about 2/3 of each cheek. This is also something I liked alot with Dry 24/7's. It fit me more like what I remember, instead of a diaper up the back side, so to speak.
    Measuring a Belissimo large:
    max padding width in back: 17.5"
    total wing width in back: 29.5"
    padding ends 3" from back end

It's pretty typical for the padding to not extend too far into the wings. And it's also common to see less padding width in the front. I think they do this to add capacity for back-sleepers. Adding more wing width probably wouldn't help a lot because the liquids would have to travel uphill to get to the sides of the cheeks/hips.

It's too bad they don't add to the width in the front. That would really help with leaking for side-sleepers. Pro tip: If your diaper has wider padding in the back than it does in the front, and you are leaking on your side out the side of the diaper, try putting the diaper on BACKWARDS. It'll feel funny, but it helps. If you don't want to deal with the weird feeling fit, put on the diaper backwards, then put on a SECOND diaper forward. Later you can reuse the second diaper because it will be dry, so it won't be much of a waste. Taping diapers backwards can be quite tricky if you don't have a caregiver.