Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did you determine your Baby Age?

Default How did you determine your Baby Age?

Hello, everyone! I was just wondering: How did you find out your baby age? I don't know what my baby age is, and I would like to find out.

Well how old do you feel, it's not actually possible to equate how you act with an actual number because we pick and choose which bit's we like so we may like suckling baby bottles and yet speak english of a 9/10 year old so most people pick an age they associate with and justify it, so I pick a 4,5,6 year old when I'm being little but most of the time I pick a 10,11,12 year old because I don't really feel like a toddler or young school age ^_^

If you can't pick an age. That's not a problem. Just act accordingly to what you like.

I like acting childish in my life (with the enthousiasm, the energy and the curiosity of a 8-10 years old boy) but I do like drinking from a bottle, while wetting my diapers which is not quite the appropriate behavior of a 8 years-old..

So, I'm more like a kid with nurturing desires ^^
    Don't try to hard to fit in a specific box if you can. Some may perfectly say they're 3 years old in their minds but if you can't. Don't try to hard.

And if you really wanna put an age on your behavior, just describe what you like to do the most. (for example, if you would like being spoon-feeding, there is a great chance you'd be toddler or infant's age, but If you just like coloring books and watching cartoons while being padded, there's a chance you're a bit older than that)

Normally I figure out what kids at that age do and compare that to my little self so I can have an appropriate little age. That way when I do go into little mode I have something that helps get me even deeper into my role I know what I can or cannot do at that age. And for me that makes it kinda more realalistic. As a kid you know what your capable of at some level. (even if your always trying to do more) most times you know you can't find the movie you want when there are no pictures. So you have to ask for help. You can't quite reach that high shelf. So you pull over a chair. (if your old enough physically of course) You're not sure what channel your favorite show is on ect... I find that base line on how to act in a sense for me personally is extremely helpful. Especially when your tryin to find your "lil" age. This site is great for determining that. Developmental Stages Birth to 1 year

My little age is normally 3-4 which is

Motor Skills
    *Climbs well.
    *Walks up and down stairs, alternating feet.
    *Runs with ease.
    *Pedals a tricycle.
    *Kicks a ball.
    *Feeds self.
    *Opens doors.
    *Washes and dries hands by self.
    *Makes vertical, horizontal, and circular strokes with a pencil or crayon.
    *Screws and unscrews lids, jars, nuts and bolts.
    *Turns a page in a book one at a time.

Cognitive Skills
    *Attention span increases to about 3 minutes.
    *Can remember what happened yesterday.
    *Understands "now", "soon", and "later."
    *Knows some numbers, but not necessarily in correct order.
    *Completes puzzles with three or four pieces.
    *Sorts objects by shape and color.
    *Matches an object to a picture of that object.
    *Laughs at silly ideas.
    *Understands the concept of "one" and "two".
    *Matches circles and squares.
    *Understands physical relationships (on, under, over, in, out).

Social Skills and Language
    *Uses three-five word sentences.
    *Asks questions.
    *Plays spontaneously with other children in a small group.
    *Recognizes and understands most common objects and pictures.
    *Repeats simple rhymes.
    *Asks to use the toilet most times.
    *Enjoys being read to.
    *Imitates housework or other chores.
    *Assigns roles in pretend play (mommy, daddy).
    *Uses pronouns (I, you, me, we, and they) and some plurals.
    *Knows her first and last name.
    *Knows whether he is a boy or girl.

Motor Skills
    *Hops and stands on one foot for a few seconds. .
    *Catches a bounced ball much of the time.
    *Tries to write name. .
    *Draws a face..
    *Tries to cut paper with blunt scissors.
    *Attempts to button, buckle and snap but usually needs help.
    *Dresses and undresses doll in clothing with large zippers, snaps, and laces. .
    *Brushes teeth with help.
    *Pours from a small pitcher.
    *Can get himself started when on a swing and may be able to keep it moving.
    *Tries to skip.
    *Strings large objects.
    *Begins to copy some letters.

Cognitive Skills
    *Recognizes some colors.
    *Wants to know what will happen next.
    *Distinguishes between what is real and what is imaginary.
    *Follow instructions with up to three commands (put the toys away, wash your hands, and get your coat).
    *Identifies situations that could lead to happiness, sadness and anger. V *Colors with crayons or chalk.
    *Counts up to five objects.
    *Understands taking turns and may do so without being reminded.
    *Understands "big," "little," "short," "tall".
    *Can sort objects by shape or color.
    *Social Skills and Language

Social Skills and Language
    *Speaks clearly enough for strangers to understand.
    *Has a large vocabulary and speaks in sentences of five or more words.
    *Tells stories.
    *Often prefers playing with other children.
    *Wants explanations of "why" and "how".
    *Changes the rules of play as he goes along.
    *Likes to play "dress up."
    *Separates from parent for short periods without crying.
    *Beginning to master some basic rules of grammar (past tense, plurals).
    *Shares when asked.
    *Enjoys playing games like tag, hide and go seek, and duck duck goose.
    *Likes to do things for herself.
    Last edited by Disneyprincess; 10-Apr-2012 at 15:57.

I use age to represent my preferred physical size. As DylanK said, people take from a bunch of different ages without considering if they are too young, or too old to be doing it. For example, most kids are weened off their bottles by about a year, and paci sizes only go to 18 months for a reason. Diapers are usually gone between 2 and 3, but as Disneyprincess said, even if you take it to 3 years old (which is considered late for toilet training), then you can only speak 3-5 word sentences, and shouldn't be using a paci or a bottle.

For me, I was about 3' tall and 28 lbs at 4 years old, according to my records. (Before people try to call it out, I was seeing a doctor because I wasn't growing properly. I'm aware that it is absurdly small for a 4 year old.) I also like the freedom of a 4 year old WAY more than being young enough to still be using a bottle. But that doesn't mean I don't like using a bottle and paci. I just learned that there's no set age that I like, and I kind of pull from all kinds of areas of child development.

Just try to be realistic. If you say you're 6 months old... congrats, you can lay on a towel all day. That's the extent to which you can do anything. Well... you can flail a little, but you're about as useful as a level 5 Magikarp.

TheSpecterPrincess

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    Just try to be realistic. If you say you're 6 months old... congrats, you can lay on a towel all day. That's the extent to which you can do anything. Well... you can flail a little, but you're about as useful as a level 5 Magikarp.
    I LOLed so hard ! X3

To me, a baby age is just all about how you feel inside and the manner you choose to act and play your AB role.

My baby age is 2 years old. Old enough to walk and talk in cute little baby sentences, but little enough to wear diapers, have a bottle & paci, and be afraid of the potty D:

And in response to DisneyPrincess, although it is expected by " society's standards" for a child to develop most of those social skills by age 3 it's not uncommon at all for some little things to be delayed, and I don't think there's anything really wrong with it. I was still in diapers when I was 3. Probably even up to 3 1/2 ! But I was taken out of them by 4. But I've seen a lot of children up to the age of 4 that were still in diapers or pullups (especially in larger families). I don't think it's child neglect or being a bad parent really, sometimes kids just have to be kids a little longer than others. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    I also like the freedom of a 4 year old WAY more than being young enough to still be using a bottle. But that doesn't mean I don't like using a bottle and paci. I just learned that there's no set age that I like, and I kind of pull from all kinds of areas of child development.
    This is very much the mindset I hold on the matter. I consider my little age to be four, as well. At that point in your life, you can communicate and impart your wants and desires. However, it's still okay to act younger at that age, too. Even if you are beyond needing a paci, if you regress a bit and pop one in your mouth, you'll likely just get adoring 'awwws' and such from mothers, babysitters and the like. For me, it's the happy medium: not a baby, but not a big kid yet. At four, you are truly in the prime of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    This is very much the mindset I hold on the matter. I consider my little age to be four, as well. At that point in your life, you can communicate and impart your wants and desires. However, it's still okay to act younger at that age, too. Even if you are beyond needing a paci, if you regress a bit and pop one in your mouth, you'll likely just get adoring 'awwws' and such from mothers, babysitters and the like. For me, it's the happy medium: not a baby, but not a big kid yet. At four, you are truly in the prime of your life.
    You pretty much said same thing for me, bro. =)

I would say I am 4-5 years old (mostly five). I don't wear pacifiers as often as I once did though. I love Hello Kitty, Tinkerbell, Belle etc... just like a normal 4-5 years old would be.

Edit: After bit of quick reading, I seem better fit as 5 years old. It's the age where I start to learn academically but still same time, I am very much a little... just on verge entering the "big kid" world, but not just yet. Also it's around the age that I start to become picky, and more aware of the the feelings and emotions. So best way to put it, 5 years old is transitioning between "toddler" and "big kid" worlds and that sound best fit my LG side. Only noticeable thing I do that's very much out of the normal 5 years old range that I wear diapers time to time.

I'll agree with others that a lot of peoples tend to more pick and choose different things from different ages, no matter the age they say they are. Other times it just how young a person feels (I see this more with littles and middles). Other times, it seems that people are more picking an age where it was normal to wear diapers, which leads to the pick and choose thing above (part of that being many, myself included, would rarely know what a real two, one, three, etc. year old would act).

Also there is nothing that says you have to have a baby age either, you can just be an AB that like <insert stuff here>, nothing in the least bit wrong with that. Anyways, I suppose the best question would be: What do you think your baby age is?

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Howl View Post
    I'll agree with others that a lot of peoples tend to more pick and choose different things from different ages, no matter the age they say they are. Other times it just how young a person feels (I see this more with littles and middles). Other times, it seems that people are more picking an age where it was normal to wear diapers, which leads to the pick and choose thing above (part of that being many, myself included, would rarely know what a real two, one, three, etc. year old would act).

Also there is nothing that says you have to have a baby age either, you can just be an AB that like <insert stuff here>, nothing in the least bit wrong with that. Anyways, I suppose the best question would be: What do you think your baby age is?
    Well, I have thought long and hard about it, and I have come to the conclusion (with help from a friend) that I am about 20 months old.