Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few questions from a newbie

Default A few questions from a newbie

Hey guys and gals, I have joined this site a few days ago and am loving it!

I do not own any diapers, and had a few questions on my first purchase. I do not worry about actually buying them (I'm 16 and have my driver's license, so picking them up is not a problem), but I would like to make sure that I don't end up buying some diapers that do not fit. My pant size is 32, and I plan to pick them up from a Walgreens. If anybody could list down some brands or anything, that would be greatly appreciated!

I was also wondering if there were any creams or anything else that I might need.

My last question is how would I dispose of them? I live in a very neighborhood-y area, so there are no dumpsters around at all. I really don't want my parents to find out, so I'm hoping there could be a discreet way to dispose of these.

I am also fairly new to this as well, and we are both Wisconsinites i heard XL goodnites are pretty decent fitting to people with waist size around the 30's. i wonder the same thing, only i am weighing in between depends protection with tabs or XL goodnites, but i think i'm going with the goodnites because they look cuter and they are pull-ups.

I'm the same age as you and just made a purchase at Walgreens a few minutes ago so I can give you some advice. Stay away from anything under size 6, I'm about the same waist size as you (28 in) so anything that's not size 6 or 7 is too small. I only really wear baby diapers so I can vouch for Huggies snug-and-dry as they are quite snug. Flooding is always not good for baby diapers, so be sure to control the flow. The Walgreens size 6 are mediocre, as in the tapes (which are velcro) are quite shitty and snap off constantly, however they are bigger. Large Good nights are also pretty good, but leak when you're on your side. I'm not sure what to tell you as far as adult diapers, but many members here can tell you about those.

Goodnites will definitely fit both of you guys, however they are only "pull-ups", if you want the full on diaper experience i recommend the Walgreens maximum fitted brief, and for your waist size 28- 32, get the small they will fit you perfectly.
    I like them better then depends because they are thicker, quieter and the velcro tapes are a GREAT deal more reliable, and this is essential for first time diaper-triers. Goodnites are an excellent beginner diaper, but the novelty and capacity of pull ups wear off for the more veteran diaper lover imo, they always make good stuffers though

As for disposal, try garbage camouflage. You should put your spoiled nappies in a plastic bag and tie it shurt, then put that in another plastic bag n tie it shut, then if you can find another piece of garbage like an empty cereal box and put that in there, then put that into the BOTTOM of a garbage bag in the bottom of the garbage can, you will be able to hide the smell and if anyone checks quickly they wont see anything. You should be able to pull this off if you take the garbage out as well.

another suggestion that comes to mind, if you have your drivers license, put them in plastic bags and put them in your car and drive to a super market dumpster and dispose of them there, no one will ever know.

Cygnus

I recently bought Goodnites and I am enjoying them as a first diaper, I have a 30-inch waist, but they should be able to fit you. Yes, they are "pull-up style" diapers, but I enjoy them. They are also pretty discreet under clothing and they hold a decent amount of liquid.

As for the disposal, I have always used Ziploc bags. Once the diaper is in there with a tight seal, smell hardly escapes. You just have to make sure there's no holes in the bag and that you release as much air as possible from the bag before actually disposing of it. I've always put them towards the bottom of an outside trashcan.

If you're using this method of disposal, here's a benefit of Goodnites: you can fit them in a quart size bag where other diapers usually require gallon sized. Quart bags are cheaper than gallon, and smaller to hide as well.

Good luck on all of your adventures

Quote Originally Posted by MozzarellaMan88 View Post
    My pant size is 32, and I plan to pick them up from a Walgreens. If anybody could list down some brands or anything, that would be greatly appreciated!
    Depends fitted maximum protection (although the name changed to "protection with tabs" recently, so you might see either one, they're the same product) are the best you can do from a chain drugstore. the Small/medium size should fit you fine. I'm ~30 inch waist and they're bigger than I'd like but they fit. I also highly recommend that you look up what you're planning to buy online before you go to the store, just so you know what package to get.

I was also wondering if there were any creams or anything else that I might need.
    Not really. Just make sure you clean yourself well after changing (wipes and/or showering). You'll be fine as long as you're not sitting in a wet diaper for the entire day.

My last question is how would I dispose of them? I live in a very neighborhood-y area, so there are no dumpsters around at all. I really don't want my parents to find out, so I'm hoping there could be a discreet way to dispose of these.
    Plastic shopping bags, you can usually twist it shut and double it back on itself, effectively wrapping the diaper with a second layer. If the diaper is double wrapped like that it's safe to hide it somewhere for a day or so, so you can get pretty creative with how you dispose of it. What worked well for me if other people were home was waiting until the kitchen trash was about ready to take out, then dropping the wrapped diaper out my window into the grass. I'd then immediately take out the kitchen trash, collecting the wrapped diaper on my way to the trashcans outside. If no one else was home, I just carried the wrapped diaper to the kitchen trash and made sure it found its way underneath other items.

I want to wear them 24/7. What diaper would you recommend in between wettings?

MozzarellaMan88, I'm going to give you the sneakiest way to order diapers on-line, possible.

What I would recommend is going to the store, but not buying diapers...

Go to the store and buy a Visa gift card. Make sure you get one that has at least $40 or so on it.

Once you have that, go on the internet and look up the nearest FedEx office. Make a note of the address, you'll need it later.

Now, go on XPMedical.com. Being a 32 inch waist, I would say the best options are Abena Abri-Form M4's (AbenaLeaf's recommendation, but don't get the Premium!), or Medium Molicare Super-Plus. Add whatever you want to your cart, and hit the view/checkout button. Leave the default shipping. Choose the "Anywhere Else" Tax Rate button. Where it says: "If you have any special instructions regarding your order, enter them here:" put in: "This is a Hold @ Fedex Location."

Then, press the "proceed to checkout" button. You will be presented with a page asking for shipping and billing info. In the billing part (top) fill it out with your name and address. This is the trickiest part... In the shipping section, put fedex's address, but your name, phone number and e-mail address.

Using that method, you can purchase the highest end diapers, and virtually never get caught. The quality of Abena and Molicare is simply in a different league to anything you get in a store. Abena M4's can easily absorb 3 times that of a Depend with tapes, and 5 or 6 times that of a Goodnite (probably more).

I say, if you have wheels, might as well skip the junk and buy some first rate diapers, it's worth the extra effort.

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone who responded.

I definitely feel more confident now to go out to Walgreens and know what I am going to buy and not be just totally lost and end up wasting money.

I also don't think disposal should be that bad, as I do take the trash out each week, and some of these tips you guys posted for disposal techniques should do great!

I use to take my diaper trash and bring them to a self car wash and throw away the diaper then vac my car then wash the car.