Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Again/A Brand New Me

Default Hello Again/A Brand New Me

Supposed I have to do this again New name for a new(ish) me.

So I joined 16 months ago, under the name MCsquared, I took a year break from adisc before coming back to adisc about a month ago, I've changed a lot over the year away and even more over the weeks I've been back. I've adopted my baby girl Fayte, discovered roll play in PMs and in Chat, embracing my care taker side much more, and I've even been getting my fur on ^_^

So with all my changes I felt I needed to step away from my old username into something different, I chose DylanK for a number of reasons. Primarily it flows a little easier in chat, but it's also a little furry (at least in my head) and it feels familiar to me ^_^

Since I've done it partly for the fur thing I'm going to tell you what my fur looks like; it's mainly black but with white paws, belly and face stripe that stretches from the right ear to the left end of the mouth. If anyone want's to draw my fursona I'd love that so drop me a PM.

If I'm going to do this I might as well do it properly so I need the non-adisc stuff about me, I'm a student at Aber Uni, Wales, UK, Earth, ZZ9PluralZAlpha, The Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way. I'm a nerd for maths, computers, science and some reading. My favourite breakfast is cold pizza. I'm a bit of an insomniac. For sport I'm more of a watcher than a participator, but I do archery and some boaty stuff although not at the same time. And I'm a First Aider.

As for entertainment, I pretty much like all music, providing it doesn't actually hurt me, so high pitches and loud is way out. But classical music through to pop and heavy rock to lullabies I'll listen to it all. TVs and Movies, well there's a lot I like mainly scifi stuffs but I do like finding new stuff which is why I started the Film Club, favourite TV series at the moment is the finished series DollHouse from Joss Whedon, western cartoon is Code Lyoko but with Avatar: The Last Airbender making a close second, picking a favourite film is more difficult. I do enjoy some Anime too, with Kiroshitsuji being one of the first and most memorable series to be introduced to and Kempfer being one of my favourite series I discovered for myself.

So yeah thanks for reading and it'd be good to get to know some new people too

I did notice the name change, which threw me off a bit, but I guess change is good every once in a while. I'm curious, though: why cold pizza? There are so many other possibilities for breakfast, especially warm / hot ones.

Cold refrigerated pizza is fantastic for breakfast, it's full of energy pretty balanced in terms of diet and I think it tastes better than hot pizza, I buy a takeaway pizza not just to eat for tea but because I'm looking forward to eating it cold in the morning ^_^ but it might just be me, and the people I've convinced to try it who like it ^_^

Is the cold pizza washed down with red bull or something similar?

So you're at Aberystwyth? What're you studying?

Don't hate on the cold pizza. It's the perfect breakfast. Just put the slice on the plate and eat.

You say you like computers? Are you into any computer games? I personally am waiting on Diablo 3.

I hope I can remember the name change, because I have enjoyed and appreciated your posts and the things you have had to say. Classical music?....ah, You're speaking my game. I'm eclectic in my musical likes, but I'm a music conservatory trained classical musician, so it is nearest and dearest to my heart. I do like my pizza hot, however. If you're ever in Lynchburg, VA, I'll treat you to real New York pizza. We have the real thing right down the street from where I live. They're transplanted New York Italians, and I can identify, since I'm from New Jersey and the Jersey Shore.

Quote Originally Posted by icyfire View Post
    Is the cold pizza washed down with red bull or something similar?

So you're at Aberystwyth? What're you studying?
    Nah, usually apple-juice. And computer science.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    Don't hate on the cold pizza. It's the perfect breakfast. Just put the slice on the plate and eat.

You say you like computers? Are you into any computer games? I personally am waiting on Diablo 3.
    I'm more of a retro person, classic games, building computers to do stuff for other people, programming a little

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I hope I can remember the name change, because I have enjoyed and appreciated your posts and the things you have had to say. Classical music?....ah, You're speaking my game. I'm eclectic in my musical likes, but I'm a music conservatory trained classical musician, so it is nearest and dearest to my heart. I do like my pizza hot, however. If you're ever in Lynchburg, VA, I'll treat you to real New York pizza. We have the real thing right down the street from where I live. They're transplanted New York Italians, and I can identify, since I'm from New Jersey and the Jersey Shore.
    For the moment the avatar isn't changing and I've got my old username in my signature ^_^
    As for the music I've been listening to Joshua Bell of late and I'm a fan of the more popular pieces Beethoven's symphonies, the 1812 overture, etc.
    And if I ever make it state side I'll give you a call I never turn down the opportunity for good food

I love Beethoven and especially the symphonies. I sang the 9th at Carnegie Hall and Leopold Stowkowski conducted. It was the thrill of a lifetime.

I should check profiles more often :P I thought you were a new guy up in the IRC/Chat :P

Guess you're one of the nifty name changers o.o

See ya round the IRC, I'll hit you up there with some comments