Thread: A reminder of being careful when you load the washing machine

Red face A reminder of being careful when you load the washing machine

Today I put a fill load on the washing machine, and a few minutes later I came back to set it to centrifugate but oh surprise....
    The clothing was full of SAP and small pieces of a paper like thing, I panicked and started to frantically clean everything up (just for the record, it was not wet or anything, I wore it two nights in a row, and it got too sweated and stretched to be worn)
    As I was finishing, the family came back from the movies, and I still had the plastic shell of the diaper aside the washing machine, so I just took it and put it in my pants and dashed off to my room, and trashed it in my personal trash can.
    So, don't hide diapers on your dirty clothes basket, and be careful if you also hide a worn (or used) diaper inside of your pajamas. XP
    So, has anyone ever had a similar DIAPER FAIL?

Wow that's a bad day! At least someone else didn't discover it though!

Yes, I had a similar "fail" when I took someone's BAD advice to try wearing a disposable diaper in the bathtub. Well of course it swelled up to full capacity and felt great, but then I noticed little clear floaties all over the place in the water, and realized my diaper was hemmoraging it's SAP! Which, as you know, is a huge PITA to clean up.

Come to think of it, I think I will start another post to see if anyone has come up with a surefire way to avoid this problem of diapers exploding when submerged in water...

Yup. I've accidentally washed diapers a few times. Its awful to clean but even worse is when they go in the dryer!! Ugh!! My son had worn one and it was down in the leg of his sweats and because I was in a hurry I didn't notice till it was all over the dryer. What a mess!!

I bathed in a diaper once. Never again. no SAP came out, but it was SO heavy I couldnt stand up :P
    So i just left it on a warm radiator overnight. It made no difference :P

yeh, if only there was a water release option for them

I wore one in the shower once, and as others have already stated, it was a horrible mistake. Mine swelled up so much it snapped off, split on the side, and SAP got everywhere. I was lucky enough to get it all out of the tub before it clogged my drain. It was also a pain to dispose of, since I needed to throw it away discreetly but it being 10+ lbs made it difficult. I have to ask how you got your washer cleaned up so quickly? Did you miss any resulting in anyone questioning why the washing machine was clogged? I have to say you are very lucky that you got everything cleaned up before your family got home.

-Doubtful

When we had kids in Pull-Ups, the diaper-in-the-wash thing happened more than a couple of times. Two-year-olds don't understand the difference between a waste basket and a clothes hamper. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubtful View Post
    I wore one in the shower once, and as others have already stated, it was a horrible mistake. Mine swelled up so much it snapped off, split on the side, and SAP got everywhere.
    Never have showered in a diaper, but I have bathed in one, and they are rather eager to self-destruct when completely surrounded by water! I recently took a bath in GoodNites, however, and they held together.

Just a tip, ordinary salt makes SAP release the water it has retained. So don't fear clogged drains too much if you got salt at hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, I want to fill a diaper up so much until it's at the point where it'll burst if any more is absorbed and just waddle around.