Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powder question

Default Powder question

I am starting to wonder if powder is worth to buy. I have never used it before and I really want to try it.
    Is the powder worth to try and how does one apply it.

I swear by it it helps with keeping the moister and it keeps you fresh.
    I always sprinkle it into the diaper before putting it on.

I have actually never have bought baby powder before but I can say this from research:

Yes,you definitely should to provide your body a shield against your waste eating at you and in my opinion nuteralize the odor from your waste/BO ect.

Sorry,thats all I know but ill research into it and get back to you.

EDITone and this might help

http://wn.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_powder

I have two bottles and i use them every time, no not two at once =P

Baby powder is one of the best parts about a diaper change =D , the smell firstly makes the process a lot easier to endure lol (im verry used to the smell of urine, but sometimes when heavily mixed with poop it gets harsh x_x)

Beyond that though, it helps with keeping the skin dry, and dry skin is 90% less prone to irritation when its dry as opposed to being soaked in ammonia. Also its great at making sure your diapers absorb the maximum amount of liquid by aiding with the wicking away off fluid.

Powder is very helpful to keep your drier, for sure.

However, if I had to choose between powder and baby lotion, I would take baby lotion.

Lotion will keep your skin from chafing and rashes from forming. If I'm expecting to change in the near future, I will forgo the powder, but I use lotion with every change, regardless.

Nothing beats the nice smell of powder, however.

Quote Originally Posted by AbenaLeaf View Post
    Lotion will keep your skin from chafing and rashes from forming. If I'm expecting to change in the near future, I will forgo the powder, but I use lotion with every change, regardless.
    ^ THIS.

I was by no means advocating baby Powder in substitute for Lotion, However let me clarify,

I use lotion every time too, applied to me and the powder applied to everything else(including the diaper). This is what i would recommend.

depends on how you use your diaper. If you are only wearing and not using, it's better than lotion, keeps the skin and the boys dry.

Also when you do apply the powder, If you're wearing tapes. Try not to get any on the tapes because they won't stick as well or in some cases not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    depends on how you use your diaper. If you are only wearing and not using, it's better than lotion, keeps the skin and the boys dry.
    And boys dry? What do you mean?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

if you are going to get powder make sure you know what kind that you want. I will use both cornstarch and talc based and will usually go with the J&J brand as Ive had generic bottles of powder which were just unpleasant to use. they also have powders with aloe and other additives which offer a nice cooling sensation. Ive heard of others using gold bond during the summer but I must warn you to get the regular gold bond as the one in the green bottle was a bit too refreshing down below.